where to buy this part

TheOldMan

Or are you missing the spacer - the tube with the flare on one end. If that's the piece you're missing, you'll have to contact one of the guys who part out Rivieras. They advertise in the Riview. 

Are you lying awake at night wondering what else has been thrown away?

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

1 hour ago, TheOldMan said:

Just got car painted and painter took these out of car and thru them away.

Where can I find these and what is the real market name instead of insulators?

You might think it should be the painter asking where he can find them.

• Like 4

The painter did not get much more of the car than the body....I have gone and inspected the rest of the car.... No sleep lost. tks Ed.

If I remember correctly, These were very badly deteriorated so all I want to do is get new ones and go onward.

10 hours ago, RivNut said:

Or are you missing the spacer - the tube with the flare on one end. If that's the piece you're missing, you'll have to contact one of the guys who part out Rivieras. They advertise in the Riview. 

Are you lying awake at night wondering what else has been thrown away?

1 hour ago, TheOldMan said:

The painter did not get much more of the car than the body....I have gone and inspected the rest of the car.... No sleep lost. tks Ed.

If I remember correctly, These were very badly deteriorated so all I want to do is get new ones and go onward.

OldMan, I had leaks in my trunk only to find the painter or owner never put on tail light frame mounts and the lense gasket after the car was painted. Just a thought.

Turbinator

• Thanks 1

Great thought Terminator.....I remember reading about the taillight leakage and have that on my list.  Thanks.

OldMan, I had leaks in my trunk only to find the painter or owner never put on tail light frame mounts and the lense gasket after the car was painted. Just a thought.

Edited by TheOldMan (see edit history)

I myself DON'T use them.  Really don't see there is a reason.   The other reason is IF you or someone taps the bumper on the protruding tip not only does the bumper flex/twist it also takes with it the fender which gets bent out of shape.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, telriv said:

I myself DON'T use them.  Really don't see there is a reason.   The other reason is IF you or someone taps the bumper on the protruding tip not only does the bumper flex/twist it also takes with it the fender which gets bent out of shape.

Just my thoughts.

What "them" are you referring to?

No, I jut left it open this way when I'm not here any longer the next person will have the option to do what he likes IF it ever comes the time when my boys might decide to sell it.   BUT, I will ALWAYS be a part of it as the directions I have given the funeral director when he does the cremation to take all the ashes, ONLY the very fine powder, that remains & put it in a container & give it to my boys.  Their directions are to add water to it & dribble it into the carb. while running.  Not only does this clean things BUT I'll be a part of my '64 Riv. I bought new forever until it's demise.

Creepy I know, BUT these are my final wishes.

Tom T.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1