first of all:

happy new year, TC fellas!

never even thought of getting a TC painted...but...just in case....( I get a yellow TC) I want it black...

I assume, that the molded pieces on doors and fenders do come off but will never look as good when reinstalled...cant think of anything else that might be tough to paint...

( does anyone have a pic of a door without it? )  because if it looks "ok", I might as well take them off and leave em off....

Any suggestions of a good body shop in the LA area? that does the job for a decent price and acceptable quality?

12 hours ago, shelbyone said:

first of all:

happy new year, TC fellas!

never even thought of getting a TC painted...but...just in case....( I get a yellow TC) I want it black...

I assume, that the molded pieces on doors and fenders do come off but will never look as good when reinstalled...cant think of anything else that might be tough to paint...

( does anyone have a pic of a door without it? )  because if it looks "ok", I might as well take them off and leave em off....

Any suggestions of a good body shop in the LA area? that does the job for a decent price and acceptable quality?

Decent price will be the problem. My son had his 1963 Plymouth Belvedere repainted by a quality shop, that removed ALL items that covered any painted part of the body.

My son paid somewhere around $8,700 and that was about 15 years ago. The good thing is that the car still looks as good as the day it was painted.

F3A2CA65-3722-42DC-B235-2F27038B5FC9_1_101_a.thumb.jpeg.e5f0e108c906857188151a1523bc5d90.jpeg

Since you want a yellow car painted black, EVERYTHING WILL HAVE TO COME OFF including , WELL......."EVERYTHING!"

I'm afraid it will cost you several times what you are considering paying for the whole car in the first place.

• Like 2

Just remember that any chip in the paint is probably going to show the yellow paint. Move any body part around and you are likely to see a yellow line next to the part. I think you should just wait for the right car to come around. That is part of the reason that I say color and location have a great deal to do with the value of a TC, along with original paint and leather in good condition bringing a premium. A repaint with color change will cost you a lot more than just transporting the correct car from another rust free state. Oh, and black on black with a black top in SoCal is a recipe for heat stroke when you first get in the car, I know first hand how hot that combo gets out here in the inland empire, much worse than when I was in Louisiana with my car.

• Like 1

you got a point there...thats why I never even thought about painting a tc....guess I will stay with the oem yellow, fix it up and enjoy it! 

thanks for the input!

• Like 1