This Summer I was finally able to buy a 1911 Hupmobile, a car I've wanted for  over 50 years. This car was taken apart in the 1970's, owner lost interest and it was in a storage building all this time. Only missing pieces are the headlamp brackets. Goal is to just put it back together and get it running. a full restoration is down the road. Bob 

IMG_0824 (1).jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Looks good, but you should clean the floor boards!  

• Thanks 1

Brakes look a little shaky too... sneakers will have better grip.

Good luck, those Hupp 20’s are especially sporty looking cars!

• Thanks 1

Personal challenge, I going to mount another tire tomorrow, got to get motivated. Bob 

I really like the overall look of this car, but mine will be dark blue. Bob 

455920_e7e559927376_low_res.jpg

455900_81ad2b7a590b_low_res.jpg

• Like 3

Dark blue is a typical 1911 Hupp color, that'd be nice.  I'm going to contact a friend of mine about your need for the high headlight posts, but I think in the end you'll need to get them cast or forged.  To that end, you might ask around and see if anyone has a set loose to get dimensions.  So glad you finally got the car!  dc

I think it is the best one I could ever hope to have. The engine and transmission have never been apart, new axle shafts were machined to replace the ones with worn keyways. Just bolting back together and going for a ride is my goal, the restoration can take place later. Bob 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2020 at 2:44 PM, trimacar said:

Dark blue is a typical 1911 Hupp color, that'd be nice.  I'm going to contact a friend of mine about your need for the high headlight posts, but I think in the end you'll need to get them cast or forged.  To that end, you might ask around and see if anyone has a set loose to get dimensions.  So glad you finally got the car!  dc

A friend years ago restored a little dark blue 1911 Hupp. I was just a kid at 17 and went to see it because I saw a beautiful 1930 Chrysler roadster in his driveway. In the garage was the Hupmobile. The guy was in the process of making the fenders for it. I think his name was Nichols and lived west of Royal Oak, Michigan where I was raised.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Can you post some more pictures of it before you get started?

• Like 1