JamesR

Actual Plymouth Pickup

Recommended Posts

I never said that these were Ply trucks. Plymouth only made 1l2 ton trucks. Nothing bigger. Actually, they were not half ton, 1/4 I believe. I was just showing examples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 1938 PT57.  I need a hood, tailgate, and a grill.  I hope to get lucky this upcoming weekend at Turlock! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 9:53 PM, classiccarjack said:

I have a 1938 PT57.  I need a hood, tailgate, and a grill.  I hope to get lucky this upcoming weekend at Turlock! 

I think that i have a hood. Ill be home last last week of March. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2020 at 8:01 PM, countrytravler said:

I think that i have a hood. Ill be home last last week of March. 

Thank you, please let me know.  I will gladly drive out to pick it up from you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 9:53 PM, classiccarjack said:

I have a 1938 PT57.  I need a hood, tailgate, and a grill.  I hope to get lucky this upcoming weekend at Turlock! 

I found nothing in Turlock for my projects.  However, my wife faired out well.  We found a set of rear fenders for her 1937 Plymouth Panel Truck and a functional aftermarket radio from the radioman.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 11:45 PM, countrytravler said:

I never said that these were Ply trucks. Plymouth only made 1l2 ton trucks. Nothing bigger. Actually, they were not half ton, 1/4 I believe. I was just showing examples.

In Canada, there were Fargo branded trucks, sold at Chrysler-Plymouth dealers.  There was a corresponding Fargo truck for every Dodge truck and van in every size and configuration up until 1972.

 

Craig

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 8E45E said:

In Canada, there were Fargo branded trucks, sold at Chrysler-Plymouth dealers.  There was a corresponding Fargo truck for every Dodge truck and van in every size and configuration up until 1972.

 

Craig

Hi Craig,

 

I have known about this, and perhaps after I restore the two I have, I may consider looking into buying a Fargo.  It would be so cool to have all three brands with the same model lined up at a show for everyone to see and compare.

 

-Jack H.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, classiccarjack said:

Hi Craig,

 

I have known about this, and perhaps after I restore the two I have, I may consider looking into buying a Fargo.  It would be so cool to have all three brands with the same model lined up at a show for everyone to see and compare.

 

-Jack H.

And don't forget DeSoto.  DeSoto trucks were sold in South Africa, I believe in the 1960's, and in the Middle East well into the eighties.  One will also see 'DeSoto' on the data plate on a 1970's Dodge truck. 

 

Craig

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 8E45E said:

And don't forget DeSoto.  DeSoto trucks were sold in South Africa, I believe in the 1960's, and in the Middle East well into the eighties.  One will also see 'DeSoto' on the data plate on a 1970's Dodge truck. 

 

Craig

I didn't know that one...  Hmmm your making my hobby more expensive!  LOL

 

I will look at my 1972 Dodge D100 to see if the data plate is there.  You have my curiosity up.

 

Thanks Craig for letting me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now