Need help to identify a car

yachtflame

11 minutes ago, lump said:

Great find, Keiser. The radiator, hood, fenders, etc, all look virtually identical. I do notice that the cowl is completely different, however. 

Couldn't find the exact model.

Talked with my Rambler guru.  He says that style cowl was used on the later 1907 Rambler model 24 which is a 4 cylinder automobile and the model 248.  The 248 did not have louvers in the hood, so he would identify it as a model 24.  He also mentions that there is only one Model 24 known to still exist.   

• Like 1

Wayne.........looks like the guy behind the left front fender might be your great great grandfather........I see a resemblance. Great car, didn’t know your family were AMC fans! 🤔

I think he’s the one with the dark tan and big ears! Actually it’s Barbara’s family. They had just returned from a two month long honeymoon in Europe. Once Kaiser31 said he thought it was an ‘07, I removed the photo from its jacket and it was noted on the back “1907 in PA”. So I guess it was pretty new at the time of the photo. Tires look pretty dirty tho!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Roth said:

I believe the one pictured here is a 1908 Rambler:

image.jpeg.8f91ff33968286d3eab2d228c12f5f90.jpeg

The cowl in this one seems the same, and was ID'd as a '08, but maybe an early sale in late '07?

• Like 1

I have journeyed long and far, once again to contact the guru and to gain his knowledge.

The other photo that was submitted of the 1907 that is marked on the photo as a 1907 model 24 is actually a model 25 (some of these photos from AMC are mismarked).  The covers on the back of the runningboard that normally cover the end of the springs are there to cover the sprockets on the dual chain drive.  The model 25 was 4-cylinder 35-40 hp and the model 24 was 4-cylinder 25-30 hp.  The model 24 used a driveshaft.  The other photo added is a 1908 model 31 2-cylinder model.  All of the 2-cylinder models from 1907 through 1909 used this style cowl. 

• Like 2