Do you also have a problem finishing things?

Jim Cannon

Do you also have a problem finishing things?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you also have a problem finishing things?

• Yes
    • {--INSERT POLL ANSWER HERE--}
  2. 2. Happy New Year! Jim 8-)

I procrastinate with the best of you.  My best trait is to buy something that I think I might some day want and wind up putting it on a shelf and forgetting about it.  Just the other day I found something for a Jeep Grand Cherokee that was my daily driver - four other daily drivers have come and gone since not counting the one  I drive now.  

• Like 1

Good day,

I was was planning on waiting to respond to this thread, but I’ve been working on getting better at not putting things off... (new New Years’ resolution)

For years I planned on building a new garage, drove my wife nuts that I could never make a final decision and pull the trigger, but in 2016 I actually did get it finished. To commemorate the occasion, I carved a “plaque” that hangs over the door...

Later,

Mike Swick

Edmonton, AB

——

EDIT: For those, like me, that believe the old adage, “pics, or it didn’t happen”, before and after of the garage...

5286C16B-2A8D-4348-BBA9-DB9A3324D413.jpeg

6220F754-36F4-4907-8D92-37B9B7904B17.jpeg

C0C69277-4A12-49C1-B808-7A63C44AE845.jpeg

Edited by MikeJS (see edit history)
  • Like 2

It's the perfectionism that stops me. That, and "for a dollar more". I bought my 64 thinking that it needed some dry hoses replaced and it would be a runner. Found that the starter and charging circuits were partially burned. So that turned into learning about wiring and loads and wire gauges. So then I had to find the right crimper, and wire type, and next thing I know i've rewired most of the frontend. Then I found other stuff that I might as well clean and upgrade. Three years down now. I definitely slaughtered a cow, when I just wanted a hamburger. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, EmTee said:

Maybe one of these would help...?

RoundTuit.png

When I was a kid, our barber had a stack of these. If you sat in the chair and talked about a project you had been putting off, he would hand you one of these as you left. He said your excuse was now gone, as you now have a round tuit. My dad still has his stack, so I come by it naturally.

On 1/1/2020 at 4:51 AM, telriv said:

Yeah, tell me about it "while I have it apart" let me just do this.  Amazing something that should take 30 minutes turns into years.

My Dad's 69 firebird has been apart for 30 years now. I come by it honestly

• 3 weeks later...

Not knowing what you are doing makes it harder. Not knowing how to do things slows me down while I’m making a list of what I don’t know. Mechanical ability seems to diminish as arthritis progresses.

Sometimes I keep fixing things until they are really broke. Doing the same over and over in an effort to get things corrected is hard. R&R the evaporator in a 63 three times a l m o s t had me to tears. The pluggers always make it. In the absence of talent persistence and resilience have served me well. Lucky, I guess.

Turbinator

Edited by Turbinator (see edit history)

• "Small Progress is better than No progress". Stick with it!
  • Didn't know I had OCD until I re-started my Riviera project.
  • If I was hired-out to do this (Riviera project), I'd fire me.
  • Restoration or, resto-mod or aftermarket? Which-ever is faster!
  • Enough research, get-to-work!

Procrastination helped with my last cataract replacement lense. I procrastinated 12 years to get the 2nd eye done. By then they not only had the base model but 2 more upgrades! I splurged for the middle model and now have 'mono-vision'. one eye for reading and the other near 20-20 for distance!

John B.

3 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Just feeling overwhelmed with all the unfinished work to be done, so I cleaned up the garage and swept the floor. Found a bunch of these tags in the sweepings.

image.png.21ba81f5a4c74d3aa91eff07ec427bca.png

Any idea what they came off of?

Bernie

Most modern cars, the lightening bolt suggests Tesla maybe.