mytc05

Antenna mast problems

Hey all. I bought a new antenna mast from one of the members on here a while back and when we replaced the original one with it, it still doesn’t go all the way down to the off position like it should. The motor seems to work fine, but the antenna doesn’t fully retract. Wondering if teeth from the old one may have broken off down in the motor assembly or something that’s preventing it from fully retracting. Have any of you had this happen with our TC’s and have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Did you remove the cover on the motor assembly and remove the old broken part of the mast track?

Edited by Hemi Dude
"spell check did it again" (see edit history)

Hi Hemi. Sorry for the delayed response. TC's been in storage for a few months. When my father and I replaced it a while back, we cleared out the broken track parts that we could see. My dad thinks there could be some teeth that broke off farther down in the motor possibly, but we can't see anything as it is right now. The motor assembly seems kind of delicate, and I'm afraid we might break it if we try to take it apart. Perhaps there's another issue with these that could cause it to not retract all the way back in properly?

Well, you got to take the cover off, you will likely find part of the old track inside.  Make believe you are a brain surgeon!!!  Take the whole thing out of the trunk and lay it on it's side.

I can't come and do it for you. This is the challenge of owning a TC. You get to be the doctor, OR you end up paying a lot of money for LABOR.