Help Me I.D. This Connector

MochetVelo

My project has several of these connectors, but I don't know what they're called. One holds the starting crank to the shaft. The drawings show this mystery part itself plus the assembly: on the bottom is the shaft going to the engine. The handle (top) has a round end to fit the shaft holes drilled through. The connector (left) is tapered with a flat the mates with the flat on the shaft. It is tightened with a hex nut to hold the assembly tight. It might be possible to order this part, but I'd like to know it's name.

Phil

IMG_2243.JPG

IMG_2242.JPG

1 hour ago, joe_padavano said:

Is this what you're trying to draw? If so, it's a wedge pin, commonly used on bicycle cranks and motorcycle kick start levers.

Also used on many cars with reverse elliot axles to lock the king pins in place.

Thanks. The correct name helps. I searched and found a size like I need (I think) at the "bikesmithdesign" web site. They call them "cotters" there. They also sell a nice little press to remove and install them. On other sites they confusingly call them "cotter pins." I also found quite a few on eBay searching under "bicycle cotters." Note that the flat portions may need to be filed or ground for correct fit. 

Phil

9.5mm_cotters_2019.jpg

Edited by MochetVelo (see edit history)