VintageJunkie

Ford 48 Coupe flathead or 307

17 hours ago, TerryB said:

A fella by the handle Trulyvintage on this site does hauling.  Might want to contact him via forum personal message.

Thank You Terry

The OP emailed me but I am not available or interested in the haul.

This morning I leave Tucumcari, New Mexico for Phoenix, Arizona 

to drop off this beautiful 1927 Model T Touring:

63791024-0856-4333-B01F-6C3748ADEC34.thumb.jpeg.1d80b8b91a617dc1439f4070eb5d9a63.jpeg

Along the way I will be picking up this 1962 Buick Skylark that has been in the same family since 1964:

DAE268CF-7E08-49C0-9129-2CBBE0A002E0.thumb.jpeg.6d087c64ec887fe1f0221b5e72f24e28.jpeg

That car is heading up I-5 after January 1st to Bellevue,  Washington.

I have room for a second vehicle from Phoenix, Arizona up to Bellevue, Washington & from Bellevue, Washington down to Auburn, California at this time.

Then I have trips scheduled from California to Texas - Ohio - Wisconsin ....  

Jim

DAE268CF-7E08-49C0-9129-2CBBE0A002E0.jpeg

Edited by Trulyvintage (see edit history)

Is no reason you can't add AC to a flathead and they are just so pretty particularly with Ardun garbage truck heads and triple 97's. Of course the hemi is more of a "period correct" design than the SBC, its replacement is the LS and a Mustang rack and pinion is needful.

Yes, at my age I find humor in everything.

ps does the Skylark have an aluminum Buick engine ? (even wider use than the SBC and suspect is still in production).

If that question about the Buick Skylark is directed for me - I don’t know.

I haven’t seen the car ...

Jim

1 hour ago, padgett said:

Is no reason you can't add AC to a flathead and they are just so pretty particularly with Ardun garbage truck heads and triple 97's. Of course the hemi is more of a "period correct" design than the SBC, its replacement is the LS and a Mustang rack and pinion is needful.

Yes, at my age I find humor in everything.

ps does the Skylark have an aluminum Buick engine ? (even wider use than the SBC and suspect is still in production).

The 62 Skylark is supposed to have the aluminum 215 and in the picture it appears to be so. Now back to the topic! 

Stick with shipping it as everyone said. 

I've driven a 60 year old car after purchase on a hot day for 3 hours in heavy traffic. That killed my buzz on that car.

Cadi60stuf 019.jpg

• Like 1

My father was big into flatheads since he was a teen growing up in Michigan. I sold a 50 Shoebox and at least 4 Flathead engines. If you wind up needing Flathead parts, let me know. A young man near Houston bought all the parts and the car and he has rebuilt a couple cars of the era. He has some spare parts. 

• Like 1

Matt - appreciate the referral for JDL logistics.  They got back to me right away and seem reasonable.   For all to know they can pick up your car when needed and deliver when needed.  Any season and do closed or open delivery.  Happy New Year all

• Like 2