1963 Buick Riviera, numbers matching, Washington State

1963 Buick Riviera for sale in Washington State - Tacoma area

• Numbers matching '445 Wildcat' motor (401 CID)
  • Rochester 4GC carburetor (4 barrel)
  • Dynaflow automatic transmission
  • Nicely optioned from the factory with A/C, power windows, rear defroster, automatic trunk release, and dual note horns
  • New whitewall tires (Cooper Trendsetter SE), old ones were dry rotted
  • ODO shows 22,521 miles (unverified if this is actual mileage or not)
  • An older repaint in original, factory ordered Granada Red - I'd consider it nice 'driver' quality.  Has some bondo and definitely not perfect but looks very presentable even up close.  Long ago it was wet sanded and buffed by my wife's grandfather, a retired painter of 30+ years
  • Beautiful black cloth/vinyl interior in excellent condition, black carpet in excellent condition

She has been in my family since 2002.  Not much is known about it before that, it is rumored to have been in Kitsap County since new.  It has been sitting in heated storage for 20+ years (9 years in my possession) but still runs and drives. The engine starts up easily and sounds amazing. Will need some brake work and other items as to be expected but its in very good condition. Comes with the original owners manual, car cover, extra set of wheel covers, and some other extra parts.

Please feel free to contact me by PM or pryan8673@gmail for more details.  I'm not a dealer or reseller/flipper, its just time for this car to go to someone who has the time to enjoy it.  We have a young family so unfortunately we aren't going to be out cruising any time soon.

Willing to work with a buyer to ship and can take many more photos.

Price lowered to 11,800 obo

IMG_20190804_111217765_HDR.jpg

Edited by ptipper
price drop (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, George Smolinski said:

Why are there window regulators in the trunk? Is there an issue with the windows? Also, I thought all the nailheads were that turquoise/green color, not red.

I believe the motor color for 1963  is silver. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, George Smolinski said:

Why are there window regulators in the trunk? Is there an issue with the windows? Also, I thought all the nailheads were that turquoise/green color, not red.

The passenger front window works intermittently.  A guy I bought the wheel covers had 2 regulators so I snagged them too.  He had a bunch of pristine trim that I should have bought too.

Yep the motor color is wrong.  My guess is someone pulled the motor at some point and sprayed it Chevy orange for some strange reason.  It is the original numbers matching motor though.  Others may notice the car also has 65 taillights instead of 63.

Price is now 12,800

On 1/25/2020 at 4:44 PM, michel88 said:

The taillights are the original  63's.

Those tail lights are actually from 1964. '65 Rivs had an entirely different design with them set into the rear bumper. 1963 tail lights have the Buick crest on them, instead of the bisected "R" emblem.

• 2 months later...