Membership Directory

I am a first year Buick Club member.  BCA# 50690.  I have a 1935 Buick Special 46C.  I have been told

there are only 15 of these left.  I am trying to find other owners of 1935 Buick Special 46C's.  Is there

a membership directory or a listing of cars by owner that I can access?

Thanks for your help.

John P.

When you became a BCA member, you now have access to new online member/auto info via the BCA web site.  Check it out/follow the instructions to create an ID/Password.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

There are only five listed in the 2017 BCA Roster, but the AACA, HCCA, & VMCCA may have many more.

As well as others whose owners are not members of those clubs.  And/or do not live in USA

Club directories are not always accurate.  Can be the wrong model type listed. E,g 40 (series) or 46 and not 46C.

People can have more cars than on official club data base.  [I have 3 x 1939 41 but only 1 listed. 2 are parts cars at best]

When people sell a car tendency for many is not to advise the club/up date details

When people buy a car tendency for many is to join the club/advise the club/up date details

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I had previously searched for a specific item, and found three entries that satisfied my inquiry.  And that was the basis for my remark. 

But I just took a look at the online database from a "directory inquiry" position and learned that there is a 300 item limit in viewing the results of a search.  In my case, I searched for members in NY.  That was done by just entering NY in the form populated by the Member Search page.  It showed me 300 members with the warning that I had hit the limit and had to narrow my search.  This may discourage member use.  

If I was traveling through an unfamiliar area, I may not know enough about the area to make valuable inquiries.  For example, if I had need to find members in a local area to where I was, I may not know the names of other towns around that same area.  Of course you may not know that either even if one was using a printed roster.  But with a printed roster you can sometimes scan a zip code range and make assumptions about locations.  It does not appear one can enter a zipcode range in this product though.   

And one thing I would like to find is BCA members within the geographic area of our local Chapter.  Our Chapter covers a wide geographical area, with several different counties and three states.  But unless I was willing to search by the individual local zip codes or town names, of which there are a lot of possibilities,  this product has limited value.  Still, it did work when I entered a just a single zip code, and I assume the information is fresh as of this past year. So I still think the online membership database works pretty good.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

I had previously searched for a specific item, and found three entries that satisfied my inquiry.  And that was the basis for my remark. 

But I just took a look at the online database from a "directory inquiry" position and learned that there is a 300 item limit in viewing the results of a search.  In my case, I searched for members in NY.  That was done by just entering NY in the form populated by the Member Search page.  It showed me 300 members with the warning that I had hit the limit and had to narrow my search.  This may discourage member use.  

If I was traveling through an unfamiliar area, I may not know enough about the area to make valuable inquiries.  For example, if I had need to find members in a local area to where I was, I may not know the names of other towns around that same area.  Of course you may not know that either even if one was using a printed roster.  But with a printed roster you can sometimes scan a zip code range and make assumptions about locations.  It does not appear one can enter a zipcode range in this product though.   

And one thing I would like to find is BCA members within the geographic area of our local Chapter.  Our Chapter covers a wide geographical area, with several different counties and three states.  But unless I was willing to search by the individual local zip codes or town names, of which there are a lot of possibilities,  this product has limited value.  Still, it did work when I entered a just a single zip code, and I assume the information is fresh as of this past year. So I still think the online membership database works pretty good.  

OK, I get it.  But is mostly useless for my needs....

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...