1963 Oldsmobile Starfire

JonW

Yes that car is beautiful. It's been advertised here recently by forum member TexRiv_63. I'm sure he won't mind a little extra advertising.

It's one of those cars that hundreds of us will kick ourselves for not buying when it's no longer available, but when you've got three old cars and really only room for one, what can you do?

20 minutes ago, jframe said:

I would love to have it, but my '03 Corvette would have to go first.

Don't start that talk. Look what happened on the other thread. A guy said something similar and everyone else kept trying to force him to buy it by solving his "I would, but..." issues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't

2 minutes ago, TexRiv_63 said:

No, those alloy wheels are from a 1994-96 Chevy Impala SS. They are 17" by 9" wide and support Z rated 255-50-R17 tires. The stock 14" wheels and wheel covers go with the car.

I don't mean any harm, but that is enough to kill my interest in the car...........that is if I had any interest.  I hate the fad to make the first thing an owner does is to change the wheels.  I guess I'm as old timey as I look.

13 minutes ago, Dynaflash8 said:

I don't

I don't mean any harm, but that is enough to kill my interest in the car...........that is if I had any interest.  I hate the fad to make the first thing an owner does is to change the wheels.  I guess I'm as old timey as I look.

Well, I guess you wouldn't like most of my cars. Wheels are a great way to personalize a car without doing any irreversible damage and are easily changed back to stock. You didn't have any interest in the car, so why even bring it up?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JonW said:

Well, I guess you wouldn't like most of my cars. Wheels are a great way to personalize a car without doing any irreversible damage and are easily changed back to stock. You didn't have any interest in the car, so why even bring it up?

It's something I don't like on ANY car, but it's my personal opinion.  I don't like to every see it, but I said I didn't mean any harm.  Have a wonderful Holiday Season.

11 hours ago, TexRiv_63 said:

No, those alloy wheels are from a 1994-96 Chevy Impala SS. They are 17" by 9" wide and support Z rated 255-50-R17 tires. The stock 14" wheels and wheel covers go with the car.

Interesting, I assumed they were some aftermarket wheels. That probably partially explains why I like them, even though I generally don't like non-original wheel. I also like them because they complement the styling of the car - the brushed aluminum of the wheel goes with the broad metal side trim that's a signature on the Starfire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JamesR said:

Interesting, I assumed they were some aftermarket wheels. That probably partially explains why I like them, even though I generally don't like non-original wheel. I also like them because they complement the styling of the car - the brushed aluminum of the wheel goes with the broad metal side trim that's a signature on the Starfire.

That was exactly my thought when I saved them for this car. It actually took quite a while to get that done, I had to have all the original wheel studs replaced with longer versions, not as easy as it sounds. I also customized the center caps with later Olds Rocket emblems. The amazing thing to me was that 9" wide wheels and tires fit perfectly on this car with no clearance issues, almost as if the car had been designed for them.

DSCF5025.JPG

DSCF5027.JPG

DSCF8122.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexRiv_63 said:

That was exactly my thought when I saved them for this car. It actually took quite a while to get that done, I had to have all the original wheel studs replaced with longer versions, not as easy as it sounds. I also customized the center caps with later Olds Rocket emblems. The amazing thing to me was that 9" wide wheels and tires fit perfectly on this car with no clearance issues, almost as if the car had been designed for them.

DSCF5025.JPG

DSCF5027.JPG

DSCF8122.JPG

Wow, someone who actually put real thought and effort into the selection of non-original wheels, as opposed to:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/273/4321/38182160001_original.jpg?v=0

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...