C Carl

Your "AFFORDABLE", (with a tip o' the hat to Jeff Perkins), "Dream Car"

9 minutes ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

I have been looking seriously at this rather rare and unique MG as a possible project. It looks a lot better that it is........

FD6BFB5F-F443-4E97-AC04-8CBD5885E695.jpeg

Very cool, I believe a Y type, T register accepts it and Abingdon Spares here in CT, owned by forum poster Daytona, could probably help a lot with parts.  Go for it!! 🙂

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)

Benefits of AACA Membership.

I’ve had several Model T Fords over the years, plus a 24 Studebaker, a 1922 Bay State (seriously rough car but it had local history), and two Model A Fords. My health forced me into disability while I still had the two A’s and a 26 T which I held onto until a decision was made to move to a warmer climate. The two A’s went but I kept my T. Well, if I had known about the traffic it would have been an A making this move but after moving my health improved thanks to a new medication and I went hunting for a car to keep up with traffic coming up with my Pierce-Arrow.

Was it affordable? Well it does replace two Model A’s and I am still working on making it right, but I’m not starving myself to do it. That said, I would not have gone looking if my T wasn’t dangerous to drive with the other idiots out there...

2C418688-D9F7-45FA-8443-C0E3577F00B7.jpeg

• Like 4

Mark, you have a great ability to find nice originals to good to touch. Love the PA.  We sold two cars a few years back to buy a Packard which was a lot of fun.  You can have a lot of dream cars but it is hard to have them all at once.  Glad your health is better!  Merry Christmas!

There is no rational explanation but I would take a Dodge step van - what better vehicle to vend from!  And just think of the adventures of getting to any flea market more than 60 miles away - better pack a lunch, oh and maybe a suitcase, this could take awhile getting there....

image.jpeg.5ef8abd9fb91b330c4cb0f866023f533.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks Steve, I was very fortunate that this car was available when I was looking. I found it on eBay and after buying it also found out it was listed on some thing called “barn find hunter” as well as the Pierce Arrow Society, how I was the auction winner remains a mystery as it was a very visible listing... my only guess is that a lot of people thought it was too good to be true on eBay. I asked one or two questions including for an extra picture angle on the engine to make sure it wasn’t a scam and then bid what I was comfortable with. In the end, the seller was vacationing in a town nearby shortly after it arrived and we got together and he brought a few extra bits he found after the sale for me. When both parties in a car sale are happy it’s a great thing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

Thanks Steve, I was very fortunate that this car was available when I was looking. I found it on eBay and after buying it also found out it was listed on some thing called “barn find hunter” as well as the Pierce Arrow Society, how I was the auction winner remains a mystery as it was a very visible listing... my only guess is that a lot of people thought it was too good to be true on eBay. I asked one or two questions including for an extra picture angle on the engine to make sure it wasn’t a scam and then bid what I was comfortable with. In the end, the seller was vacationing in a town nearby shortly after it arrived and we got together and he brought a few extra bits he found after the sale for me. When both parties in a car sale are happy it’s a great thing!

You bought a car from an outstanding guy.

Milt is a truly nice guy and he would never try to take advantage of someone.

You happened to be in the right place at the right time and you were rewarded with a great car and a great transaction.

Great to hear your health issues are getting settled.

Merry Christmas!

• Like 2

Most affordable would be '74 Lux LeMans. Stepping up a bit, red '70 Toro that I would customize by hiding the headlights the way GM Design probably had intended.

1974 Pontiac Luxury LeMans Coupe.jpg

1970 Oldsmobile Toronado Custom.jpg

• Like 1

I am very fortunate that I already have three of my four "dream, but dream affordably" cars. I have a car that is an AACA Senior Grand National winner, the '26 T Touring; I have a brass car, the '13 T Touring and a driver that can keep up with traffic, the '62 Lincoln convertible. The last car in the collection would be an open classic, ideally a Franklin. And I have my eye on one of those. Soon...mehopes!

26 and 13 Ts.jpg

• Like 1

Since selling the family farm a few years ago,I've been able to acquire a couple of my affordable dream cars. I'm now limited by space ! If I still had the room (or was willing to part with something) I would consider a nice original 1953 Chevy Bel-Air hardtop or ragtop. I learned to drive in my grandfather's '53 (in Horizon Blue and Ivory) and always loved that car. Not fast or flashy but as comfortable as an old pair of sneakers.

1953 Chevrolet Bel Air hardtop.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/24/2019 at 5:56 AM, 3macboys said:

There is no rational explanation but I would take a Dodge step van - what better vehicle to vend from!  And just think of the adventures of getting to any flea market more than 60 miles away - better pack a lunch, oh and maybe a suitcase, this could take awhile getting there....

image.jpeg.5ef8abd9fb91b330c4cb0f866023f533.jpeg

Not exactly a dream car, but I found this Dodge postal van this year and had to bring it home.  As I’ve said before it’s amazing how many rare and unusual vehicles can be found on Vancouver Island. This one had been stored inside for over 30 years. My plan is to make a personal food truck, a home for my popcorn machine, hotdog machine, and mini donut machine.  I plan to give it a Disney look with sleepy eyes and call it Dough-mater 

A7732E3F-FADD-4EB4-AE6E-628F213EC2C8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1