License plate information

Buick35

Greg, I would bet that the State of Florida has purged those records long ago, we're talking almost 85 years! Why would they even keep those records for so long? With everything computerized nowadays, someone would have had to take all those paper records and enter every plate number from the past into the new system. I hope you are successful, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

There were paper bound  small books published of names of car owners and the car they owned plus the city they resided in. Most of these that I have seen are for New York and possibly some New England states.

they are great for research so that you can determine the popularity or location of the cars when new . I only recall seeing them for cars/vehicles built prior to 1929. They may have listed the license plate number as well. I do not believe every state had these and have never seen one for the state of Florida.

Some Florida vehicle registrations do exist on the internet, but for a much earlier period: 1905-1917.  Information found there gives the date of registration,  registration number, make of vehicle, body style, horsepower rating, engine number, owner's name and city where registered. The original listing can be seen, as taken from the registrar's ledger.  Buick 35, this won't help you, but may aid some others with an early Florida license plate. The site is www.floridamemory.com.  Then go to Collections, then Early Auto Registrations 1905-1917.