1927 Franklin 11b coupe

Nice car, had been sitting for about 10 years.   Will not run, but has good compression, fuel and spark. More pictures available upon request. Car located north of Baton Rouge, Louisiana     Valves are free.  Car was sitting in a museum. Make fair offer. Have title, missing keys, and air cleaner 

A68DC966-BECA-4AB9-BB11-BA9E0D67EDBB.jpeg

6D9333FE-4E9B-42EE-A794-F642827066F2.jpeg

48C8456C-62EF-4210-97EB-97F4E5614DEB.jpeg

B8092A14-1EF7-4ACC-A166-FB5829A9AAA2.jpeg

F1CC011D-4254-47AE-BE35-CF961241EC8D.jpeg

CEA8FD96-7D68-4D48-8DD7-FF22CE76AE8E.jpeg

Edited by Slack
Photos added. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Slack,

WELCOME to the FORUM,

What museum was the car in?

and for how many years?

I'm from New Orleans, so maybe not too far from you, and used to own a Franklin - 1917 9-A Touring.

If you want, I could come by to try and help get the Franklin running sometime after New Years.

you can send me a personal message (PM) with your contact information by clicking on my name at upper left,

and then send ing me a message by clicking on the envelope icon

• Like 1

Slack..... Nice looking Franklin...... based on the appearance in the photos, the car looks to be in good condition... perhaps an older restoration.  probably won't take much to bring it back to running & driving condition.  You might want to place this ad in the Franklin Buy & Sell section here;  https://forums.aaca.org/forum/124-franklin-buysell/  

My suggestion of a price that it would sell quickly is....  about  $10,000 ....🙄    Very attractive model Franklin

Anyone interested in a Franklin with a wood frame/chassis should ask for several photographs of the lower rear corner of the hood where it meets the cowl to see if there is a gap there or starting. this may indicate that the wood frame is sagging and is a well known possible issue for the series ll and series 12 A Franklins ( the series 12 had steel frames on the longer wheelbase cars) I am not knocking this car in any way - just want possible purchasers to be aware of what these cars can experience over 90 years after they were made.

• Like 1

Sure is easy for some to run this add in the ground. This is a nice car and a good price. I f I had the room I would jump on it. There is alot of ways to deal with the wood frame. But the rest of the car is there and that's what counts. I think you are bending over backward to sell it.

Who is running it into the ground by asking for some detailed pic's concerning area's that are prone to problems ? And there are many ways to deal with wood framing but for some people it is way out of their abilities to take it on so wanting to know condition of the wood is an important factor to them. I like the looks of the car too but am not ready to take on an intense wood renewal project. So I would like to know the condition myself.

• Like 1