Please Help ID 1953

ClaridgeGuy

Hi guys,

My mom would love to know exactly what cars these are from her childhood. Don't know if the car in the Halloween photo is one of the cars in the porte cochere. 

Clues are: Halloween photo is 1953, car is likely pretty new, grandpa was a wealthy cotton farmer in Arizona, traded up cars pretty often, would never have condescended to buy something as mundane as a Chevy back then, usually Cadillacs or other nice stuff. Kids in the photo are mom and my uncle.

Thanks for your help.

KennethMom1953.jpg

ClaridgeCars1953.jpg

1 hour ago, ClaridgeGuy said:

Kids in the photo are mom and my uncle.

I hope you didn't inherit your looks from them!

Based on the tail lights the Chevrolet facing away from us in the garage is a 1951 or 1952 model. 

Don

• Like 1

Don's right, 49/50 Chevy's have tail lights on the trunk surround area (between the trunk opening and the peak of the rear fender/quarter), not on quarter panel/fender peak, like the 51/52 Chevy's.

Frank DuVal

For the Cadillac, 1951 or 1952 62 series sedan is correct.   We need to enlarge the photo of the area under the headlight of the car to determine which year.   1951 had a cross hatching pattern while 1952 had a gold V for Cadillac's 50th anniversery.