Jump to content

alternator shock absorber? bushing? need help idenifying and finding new part (pic)

Recommended Posts

Changing all the Belts on my 89 Tc 8 valve and we came across this... it appears to be a shock absorber for the alternator because of the rubber on the inside. It probably should be replaced because the rubber is cracked pretty bad. I tried searching the part number (24861) on it with several parts shops but they couldn't find anything. Anyone have an idea what it is and where i could find a new one? I have included a pic below. 1781686629_alternatorpart.thumb.JPG.ad8e430972ad056aab026332f1e54f9b.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is MOPAR part # 4448455 Bracket

I would say that every TC with the 4 cylinder engine has a bracket isolator that looks like this.

My 280K+ TC still has the original one. They all end up looking like that. I have never even thought about replacing mine.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...