41 Plymouth 16" record on new accessories!

marcapra

I have a mint condition record made by the Ross Roy co. for the 1941 Plymouth.  It is 16" so I don't have the right size turntable to play it.  It is early RCA 33 rpm speed.  I think you would need to use a 78 rpm stylus to get the best sound from it.  Unfortunately, I don't have the filmstrip that would accompany it.  I am willing to sell it or share it with someone who has the filmstrip.  Marc.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you tell us the title of the record?   I have a number of these 16" records and filmstrips.  Some titles are the filmstrip and record, while others are either just the record or just the film.  If anyone has any of these that they'd like to pass on, I'm certainly interested.

• 11 months later...

Kevin, after a pause of almost a year, i will answer your question.  Sorry I didn't see this until now.  The title is Plymouth Motor Corp. presents "The Most for your Money" 1941 Plymouth High-Priced Car Features.  1941 Series.  Ross Roy, Inc. Detroit, Mich.  The odd thing about this record besides the large size is that it is one sided.  I guess that was so the salesman would not have to turn the record over in the middle of the filmstrip.  

Edited by marcapra (see edit history)

17 hours ago, marcapra said:

Kevin, after a pause of almost a year, i will answer your question.  Sorry I didn't see this until now.  The title is Plymouth Motor Corp. presents "The Most for your Money" 1941 Plymouth High-Priced Car Features.  1941 Series.  Ross Roy, Inc. Detroit, Mich.  The odd thing about this record besides the large size is that it is one sided.  I guess that was so the salesman would not have to turn the record over in the middle of the filmstrip.  

Hi Marc

Turns out I do not have this particular record.  If you still have it and are willing to part with it, I'm interested.  I don't have the filmstrip for it, but it's absolutely random when ever a filmstrip or a record or a complete kit will turn up somewhere.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin, after a pause of almost a year, i will answer your question.  Sorry I didn't see this until now.  The title is Plymouth Motor Corp. presents "The Most for your Money" 1941 Plymouth High-Priced Car Features.  1941 Series.  Ross Roy, Inc. Detroit, Mich.  

Kevin,  I am also in the phonograph hobby.  That projector, record player could be fixed.  I know a guy who might be able to fix it, but I am in Southern California.  Marc.

9 hours ago, marcapra said:

Kevin, after a pause of almost a year, i will answer your question.  Sorry I didn't see this until now.  The title is Plymouth Motor Corp. presents "The Most for your Money" 1941 Plymouth High-Priced Car Features.  1941 Series.  Ross Roy, Inc. Detroit, Mich.  

Kevin,  I am also in the phonograph hobby.  That projector, record player could be fixed.  I know a guy who might be able to fix it, but I am in Southern California.  Marc.

Hi Marc.  What sort of phonographs do you collect?  I have a DuKane 14A390 (C - I think) that works about as well as those machines ever did,  I have another MUCH older machine that still has all of its cloth wrapped wire, stamped steel top plate and bakelite bushings.  It's a manual machine but it also works.  Lately I've picked up a DuKane Flip-Top projector and managed to find the needles for it as well as a Viewlex Flip Top projector.  I haven't been able to find the needles for it yet, but I'm not in a rush.

Yes, unfortunately, many of the folks who can repair these machines are a long way away and the shipping back and forth promises to be horrendous.  I recently got my DuKane 1219 overhauled.  Fortunately that gentleman only lived about two hours away from me, so I drove up to drop off the machine and came back five months later to pick it up.

Are you interesting in parting with that '41 Plymouth record?

Kevin

Kevin,  Yes, I will sell my Plymouth record as well as my 1935 12" Dodge record.  That one I have played.  I guess you didn't get my PM that I sent Sunday night.  Plymouth record would be $25 and the Dodge would be $25.  If you bought both of them I'd make it $40.  Plus shipping.  I also have a bunch of Sales Filmstrips for Plymouth and DeSoto from the 1949-50 era.  Titles such as Plymouth vs. Chevrolet, DeSoto vs. Pontiac, and DeSoto vs. Mercury.  I also have many complete MTSC filmstrip kits.  I have two working DuKane projectors that I use.  I got them back in the 80s when the schools were getting rid of old technology.  I've never used the record players on them, as I just use my Califone school phonograph.  the sound is terrible when I use the LP stylus.  The sound is excellent when I use my 78 stylus.  The guys who did the filmstrips for Youtube did a great job on the filmstrips, but did not know much about How to play the records.  That's why the sound is so bad on those filmstrips on Youtube.  They assumed that since the records were 33 1/3 that a stereo stylus would be fine.  Wrong.  The phonographs I collect are the real old ones.  Mostly Edisons, both cylinder and Diamond Disc Edison records, mostly hand crank machines from about 1899 - 1929.