Farawayfriend

1935 Pontiac 4dr. 6

What’s this worth. Borescope showed good cylinders. Needs work but it’s complete. Any info is greatly appreciated or offer. I’m tired of being the one someone takes advantage of so your help is greatly needed 

287B2EF6-508A-4961-B168-A3D6B2920A75.jpeg

C5FFD006-33D2-40E9-B7E9-05A1053C8FDE.jpeg

E9D596BF-FFAF-4070-AAB1-48E2272C90C0.jpeg

70403E9C-9919-4FB3-92D0-9F77D77CD962.jpeg

22D7A58B-4776-4C29-BC3C-9B9A39B9E95D.jpeg

FAD3EB32-09F3-4DC4-8D83-BBE15CFB71E1.jpeg

987926D4-E7BE-43E3-920D-400267815D03.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m no Pontiac expert, but I think the fastback makes it a bit more valuable than the trunk models.  Does it run?  What’s the interior like? Are the floors solid?  Is the wood solid in the doors and body?  The condition of the wood will make a huge difference in value.  I don’t think you will get more than three grand for it.  You may find just the right guy who loves Pontiacs, who knows.  I don’y even want to guess the bill for chroming that waterfall grill.

• Thanks 1

It started up once upon a time.

but now sits lifeless 

everything seems solid I’m not an expert either. I’m looking at getting 2000 out of it. Just enough to recover storage costs this last year. There is interest in it though since it’s complete. Hopefully someone will give it new life. Thank you for the time you gave to get back to me. 

Posted (edited)

35-2109   6cyl engine    Has a 6cyl grill badge     Hood ornament is a from a 1936 Pontiac 6cyl     Right rear tail light and front fender lights are an option for the 6cyl cars, 8cyl cars were equipped with these.   Is there any bumper guards on the front or rear?(can`t tell in the picture) If they are the Little Indians, that`s another option for 6cyl and 8cyl cars, these are a one year item only. Is the car in Washington state?

Edited by pont35cpe (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, specifically where in Washington ? Bloo of forum fame here cruises a '36 Pont' out of Wenatchee. I bounce back and forth between Seattle and E'burg. Lots of other Washington forum folk. Maybe we can help you avoid being taken advantage of this time. Sadly, I know only too well how that feels.    -   Carl 

Edited by C Carl
Spelling (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2

If it was closer I’d pay two grand for it with a few more photos to go by.  Anything left of the interior?

• Thanks 1

I have a booth at the Portland raceway swap meet.

I usually have a car for sale, but undecided on that this April. Might sell there.

• Thanks 1

Somebody forward this listing to Dave Kindig  quick.

Interesting car!  Any interior photos...?  ;)

• Thanks 1

I will have to provide better lighting for the interior pictures. But yes the car is whole. Same velour gold interior. Solid to my untrained eye. Doors open and close and I have a repair manual from the decade. Very tattered but cool

On 1/2/2020 at 6:51 PM, C Carl said:

Yes, specifically where in Washington ? Bloo of forum fame here cruises a '36 Pont' out of Wenatchee. I bounce back and forth between Seattle and E'burg. Lots of other Washington forum folk. Maybe we can help you avoid being taken advantage of this time. Sadly, I know only too well how that feels.    -   Carl 

Gig Harbor area. 

On 1/3/2020 at 3:38 PM, FLYER15015 said:

Somebody forward this listing to Dave Kindig  quick.

Who is he and would he give new life to this thing?

On 1/2/2020 at 9:29 PM, Taylormade said:

If it was closer I’d pay two grand for it with a few more photos to go by.  Anything left of the interior?

Where are you located?

On 1/2/2020 at 6:24 PM, pont35cpe said:

35-2109   6cyl engine    Has a 6cyl grill badge     Hood ornament is a from a 1936 Pontiac 6cyl     Right rear tail light and front fender lights are an option for the 6cyl cars, 8cyl cars were equipped with these.   Is there any bumper guards on the front or rear?(can`t tell in the picture) If they are the Little Indians, that`s another option for 6cyl and 8cyl cars, these are a one year item only. Is the car in Washington state?

I don’t understand exactly what you are saying. The original title I saw 1935. The title has since been lost but I do confirm it’s a 35. Proof is another story. 

9 minutes ago, Farawayfriend said:

Gig Harbor area. 

If you go to Seattle and want to see it you can ride the ferry to Belfair where the car is being stored. Bremerton ferry.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Farawayfriend said:

I don’t understand exactly what you are saying. The original title I saw 1935. The title has since been lost but I do confirm it’s a 35. Proof is another story. 

It's a 1935. It has Suicide doors on the front (1936 doesn't). The headlights are mounted on the fenders (1936 mount on the grille shell). Also the grill shell has a thick area behind the grille (1936 hood goes almost all the way to the grille). It's a 1935 Deluxe Six I believe, or it wouldn't have the parking lights.

The hood ornament is indeed for a 1936 Six.

EDIT: Here is a 1935, missing the 1935 hood ornament and a few other things. It has the fender lights, making it probably a deluxe, but you might have been able to get them on a standard at extra cost, not sure about that.

1935_(%3F)_Pontiac_(32397444060).jpg

And here is a 1936. No 1936s had fender lights. Note how far the top panels of the hood go toward the grille compared to the 1935, and that the headlights are mounted on the grille shell. The 1936 6cyl hood ornament is shown here, but like the one on my car, the ring around the stylized bust of Chief Pontiac has been broken off.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22495&d=1286

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I think your 2k is spot on, without it running.

put it on CL and it will be gone in a few days.........

3 hours ago, mercer09 said:

I think your 2k is spot on, without it running.

put it on CL and it will be gone in a few days.........

I would say if a respectable interior that you could put more like 4.5k on it - perhaps wash it too.