Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I’m no Pontiac expert, but I think the fastback makes it a bit more valuable than the trunk models.  Does it run?  What’s the interior like? Are the floors solid?  Is the wood solid in the doors and body?  The condition of the wood will make a huge difference in value.  I don’t think you will get more than three grand for it.  You may find just the right guy who loves Pontiacs, who knows.  I don’y even want to guess the bill for chroming that waterfall grill.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

It started up once upon a time.

but now sits lifeless 

everything seems solid I’m not an expert either. I’m looking at getting 2000 out of it. Just enough to recover storage costs this last year. There is interest in it though since it’s complete. Hopefully someone will give it new life. Thank you for the time you gave to get back to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

35-2109   6cyl engine    Has a 6cyl grill badge     Hood ornament is a from a 1936 Pontiac 6cyl     Right rear tail light and front fender lights are an option for the 6cyl cars, 8cyl cars were equipped with these.   Is there any bumper guards on the front or rear?(can`t tell in the picture) If they are the Little Indians, that`s another option for 6cyl and 8cyl cars, these are a one year item only. Is the car in Washington state?

Edited by pont35cpe (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, specifically where in Washington ? Bloo of forum fame here cruises a '36 Pont' out of Wenatchee. I bounce back and forth between Seattle and E'burg. Lots of other Washington forum folk. Maybe we can help you avoid being taken advantage of this time. Sadly, I know only too well how that feels.    -   Carl 

 

 

Edited by C Carl
Spelling (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a booth at the Portland raceway swap meet.

I usually have a car for sale, but undecided on that this April. Might sell there.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 6:51 PM, C Carl said:

Yes, specifically where in Washington ? Bloo of forum fame here cruises a '36 Pont' out of Wenatchee. I bounce back and forth between Seattle and E'burg. Lots of other Washington forum folk. Maybe we can help you avoid being taken advantage of this time. Sadly, I know only too well how that feels.    -   Carl 

 

 

Gig Harbor area. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 6:24 PM, pont35cpe said:

35-2109   6cyl engine    Has a 6cyl grill badge     Hood ornament is a from a 1936 Pontiac 6cyl     Right rear tail light and front fender lights are an option for the 6cyl cars, 8cyl cars were equipped with these.   Is there any bumper guards on the front or rear?(can`t tell in the picture) If they are the Little Indians, that`s another option for 6cyl and 8cyl cars, these are a one year item only. Is the car in Washington state?

I don’t understand exactly what you are saying. The original title I saw 1935. The title has since been lost but I do confirm it’s a 35. Proof is another story. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Farawayfriend said:

I don’t understand exactly what you are saying. The original title I saw 1935. The title has since been lost but I do confirm it’s a 35. Proof is another story. 

 

It's a 1935. It has Suicide doors on the front (1936 doesn't). The headlights are mounted on the fenders (1936 mount on the grille shell). Also the grill shell has a thick area behind the grille (1936 hood goes almost all the way to the grille). It's a 1935 Deluxe Six I believe, or it wouldn't have the parking lights.

 

The hood ornament is indeed for a 1936 Six.

 

EDIT: Here is a 1935, missing the 1935 hood ornament and a few other things. It has the fender lights, making it probably a deluxe, but you might have been able to get them on a standard at extra cost, not sure about that.

1935_(%3F)_Pontiac_(32397444060).jpg

 

And here is a 1936. No 1936s had fender lights. Note how far the top panels of the hood go toward the grille compared to the 1935, and that the headlights are mounted on the grille shell. The 1936 6cyl hood ornament is shown here, but like the one on my car, the ring around the stylized bust of Chief Pontiac has been broken off.

 

attachment.php?attachmentid=22495&d=1286

 

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...