gossjh

FS- 1913/14 Hupmobile touring model 32

This Hupmobile uses hand crank to start and does so dependably. It has gas headlights and kerosene cowl and tail lamps. The trim is nickel plated. It runs, drives and stops. A good driver that has usable upholstery and paint, but is not recent nor show condition. At $19,500 , a fun way to join in the brass era and nickel touring. Located in Lafayette, IN (765)427-7078 cell. Joe

8949CF21-B087-4DE2-8E95-39B612026D5E.jpeg

Edited by gossjh
Correct spelling and add price (see edit history)

Joe ... of course many people are going to want to know the Price... too see if it is affordable for their current finances...

Thanks for making me aware that I omitted the price. I was not hiding the price, I just failed to type it.

What a nice car that seems priced reasonably (for my untrained eye). I'm not going to be a buyer,  but I'd like to see more pictures if possible. 

Here are a couple additional images. We drove this car around at Hershey this year and found it quite dependable.

A5F67108-3A88-4B19-8857-63350288EA89.jpeg

23635E81-1A37-4F79-B778-013B4552E4F1.jpeg

Hank, no we have a friend with a nice little museum here in Indiana selling  a Jack Benny tv show Maxwell and both my son and I have Maxwells, so they likely were talked about. The Hupmobile is what we were driving around.

Joe882DE6AC-62B7-4A30-B231-0B6F50B84525.thumb.jpeg.7712a35d6575e0bf88d44d5bc840a4e7.jpeg

I guess that my failing memory has done it again.

I did see that it started easily but will need to thin my herd before considering another toy. Wanna trade for a Bentley?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, parrts said:

I guess that my failing memory has done it again.

I did see that it started easily but will need to thin my herd before considering another toy. Wanna trade for a Bentley?

Hank, y'all would enjoy Brass-era touring with Dale and me - betcha have fun trying to keep up with our '15 Hudson 😉

aJUL4vdoS9yxQlWdjQp8kQ.thumb.jpeg.d3b6836b2852ed7452711c3df5fadab6.jpeg

Towing capacity unknown but many years ago I bought a similar '52 Bentley convertible that had a massive Class III hitch. Previous owner towed his boat with it. First thing that I did was remove the monster hitch. 

Edited by parrts
Added photo of the 1950 Bentley. (see edit history)

Hank, I normally like to trade, but was hoping it to not be the case this time unless someone has a great tow vehicle for me. Not saying I would not trade for something of interest to me, but it is a less likely scenario this time. I like what cars I have to tour with right now and have little interest outside of touring. That being said, I did just buy a circa 1910 Rutenber 4 1/2 x 5” four cylinder engine. One might ask what I am going to do with that . Thing is I also must ask, as I have not yet figured that out. Have a merry Christmas. Joe

63B6893A-1A45-472B-897E-F35393FD1960.jpeg

I believe several different car companies used a Rutenber engine. A couple of companies that come to mine are the Sellers made in Hutchinson Kansas and Auburn's out of Indiana.

What are you going to do with that engine?

Edited by Nash34 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1