36/38 wheel interchange question

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

I pulled 7 rims with tires off ‘54 parts cars yesterday. One popped at 25 lbs, the other 6 held 32. Will be checking again this morning, hopefully at least 4 still have 25-30. Will see

after 12 hours  one at 22, the rest held at between 28-32. Looks like I can take my pick for the needed 4. 

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 1

*Will probably delete this post later, but*
This is probably the most instructive thread I’ve read on this forum yet. Really demonstrates the value of this forum and MrEarl’s wisdom in asking the question. Because I’ve read the whole thing as it unfolded knowing full well that I:

1) Never would have asked the seemingly simple question.

2) Would’ve headed up there with 4 tubes (maybe 2 extra just to be safe).

In other words - I would’ve ended up ska-rood. Probably holed up in a hotel room for a few days trying to think myself out of this one....
🙂

Good luck!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Ben P. said:

*Will probably delete this post later, but*
This is probably the most instructive thread I’ve read on this forum yet. Really demonstrates the value of this forum and MrEarl’s wisdom in asking the question. Because I’ve read the whole thing as it unfolded knowing full well that I:

1) Never would have asked the seemingly simple question.

2) Would’ve headed up there with 4 tubes (maybe 2 extra just to be safe).

In other words - I would’ve ended up ska-rood. Probably holed up in a hotel room for a few days trying to think myself out of this one....
🙂

Good luck!

The old 7 P's  - Prior Preparation & Planning Prevent Piss Poor Performance!!

Yes, good luck Mr Earl

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

not easy or safe cutting a circle with a 4 1/2” grinder so 5 tangents on 5.5 = a pentagon  🤪  With plenty of wiggle woom 

7F996BBD-A746-4C79-AA80-5915DC282E54.thumb.jpeg.6ae99b202f66ec54e839c18ed9b6d027.jpeg

C4D675E7-5CAA-4D70-B417-9B7F86355F57.thumb.jpeg.5ca79664e5baa95a2c4ca5da30a8ad2f.jpeg

Five tires holding steady, 3 cut to fit over front hub. 

• Like 1

No problem, could have taken less if I'd used a torch but the rims are history now anyway so doesn't matter.  Looking like maybe next week for the trip up.

• Like 1