NOS Valve Cover Cap

Chimera

I know you want NOS but even if you found one on ebay or elsewhere the Pontiac and Chevy A-Body guys would outbid you and pay insane money for it. This is the correct cap available from inline tube. https://www.inlinetube.com/products/inl11060

There is a VERY slight difference in the AC stamp from original but no one is going to know. You'd have to be in the highest level of concourse judging like the Vette crowd does to be concerned about it.

oil cap.jpg

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, JZRIV said:

I know you want NOS but even if you found one on ebay or elsewhere the Pontiac and Chevy A-Body guys would outbid you and pay insane money for it. This is the correct cap available from inline tube. https://www.inlinetube.com/products/inl11060

There is a VERY slight difference in the AC stamp from original but no one is going to know. You'd have to be in the highest level of concourse judging like the Vette crowd does to be concerned about it.

Thanks again Jason. I have it in my cart. I just thought I would look around before hitting the buy button. I don't like the idea of getting outbid by some Chev head, but you are probably right, hehehehe.

Wow - no center fastener. 

I have a GS air cleaner with A.I.R. (No breather cap as the snorkel vents to cleaner) 

Should a '67 be with out center fastener?

The "AC" must be for Albert Champion before the '74 merger? I believe AC designed the '67 GS cleaner/silencer but that phase probably happened in '66?

Thanks!

Edited by PWB (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PWB said:

Wow - no center fastener. 

I have a GS air cleaner with A.I.R. (No breather cap as the snorkel vents to cleaner) 

Should a '67 be with out center fastener?

The "AC" must be for Albert Champion before the '74 merger? I believe AC designed the '67 GS cleaner/silencer but that phase probably happened in '66?

Thanks!

Howdy Paul,

The cap pictured would not have been used on the 67 430. Thinking you are correct; on AIR cars it would be the low profile cap with the center bump and painted engine color.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 4:11 PM, Chimera said:

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 6.07.35 PM.png

I'm confused - why does the '66 dual quad valve cover have a separate oil fill cap in the middle of the left valve cover?

The '64/'65 dual quad motors only have the breather cap at the front.  To add oil, you remove the breather cap and pour it in there.

Why did Buick go to a separate oil fill opening on the '66 dual quad motor?

Also, did ALL '66 dual quad left hand valve covers have that 'bump' or dip?  This presumably to clear the A.I.R. pump.  But I understand A.I.R. was only mandatory for cars sold new in California in '66 and '67.  Did Buick use the bumped valve cover in all dual quad equipped cars, even those sold in states where AIR was not required?

2 hours ago, 65VerdeGS said:

I'm confused - why does the '66 dual quad valve cover have a separate oil fill cap in the middle of the left valve cover?

The '64/'65 dual quad motors only have the breather cap at the front.  To add oil, you remove the breather cap and pour it in there.

Why did Buick go to a separate oil fill opening on the '66 dual quad motor?

Also, did ALL '66 dual quad left hand valve covers have that 'bump' or dip?  This presumably to clear the A.I.R. pump.  But I understand A.I.R. was only mandatory for cars sold new in California in '66 and '67.  Did Buick use the bumped valve cover in all dual quad equipped cars, even those sold in states where AIR was not required?

All 66 GS had that dip, not just California vehicles.