Recommendations for body repair - Upstate NY

Peter S

Pondering options and wondering whether anyone has experience with body shops in the North Central region of NY State. Specifically, I'm looking for basic panel straightening / driver level paint job on a 1951 Hudson. No rust repair needed but I do have a series of dents in the roof that will take skills I absolutely don't possess. It is not intended to be a show car or be anything other than a car to drive around town. Located in the Great Sacandaga Lake area about 30 miles west of Lake George and 20 miles north of the Thruway. (exit 27 - Amsterdam). 

Any ideas??

Peter sefton

There seems to be quite a lot of antique-car activity

around Saratoga, New York, not all that far from you.

Hemmings Motor News has conducted their concours

events there.  There is a car museum there, the

Saratoga Automobile Museum.  You might call the

museum and ask their director or curator for a couple of names. 

http://www.saratogaautomuseum.org/

• Like 1

Hi, Ted  Surprised we haven't met. Or maybe we have. I'm awful at names and faces. I'll try to post a few pics of my car's worst blemishes but frankly it needs a lot of general ding and small bumps and bruises taken out. It was driven on gravel roads in Montana for most of its active life. 

17 hours ago, Peter S said:

, I'm looking for basic panel straightening / driver level paint job

It is probably best to just find a typical production shop near you. A specialty shop would generally avoid that level of work because, eventually their name will be associated with the less that perfect job.

Bernie

• Like 1

Thank you all for these great suggestions. I've reached out to all the sources mentioned,  and have generated some genuinely promising leads.

My experience is proving that restored cars are cheaper than projects, but you'd miss all the fun of working out these frustrations!

Peter S.

• Like 1