Heater hoses/molded hoses

will12

Hello, my Dad and I are replacing heater hoses. The bends near the heater core nipples are sharp and should be molded hoses, so the hoses don't torque on the nipple. We don't want to harm the heater core. But none are available as far as I can tell.

Has anyone made molded hoses? My dad thinks putting a bendable copper pipe inside some standard heater hose, bending it and warming it inside the oven? I don't think thats a good idea...so thats why I am here. 

Thanks,

Will

19 hours ago, will12 said:

Hello, my Dad and I are replacing heater hoses. The bends near the heater core nipples are sharp and should be molded hoses, so the hoses don't torque on the nipple. We don't want to harm the heater core. But none are available as far as I can tell.

Has anyone made molded hoses? My dad thinks putting a bendable copper pipe inside some standard heater hose, bending it and warming it inside the oven? I don't think thats a good idea...so thats why I am here. 

Thanks,

Will

Hello Will, back in the day I used 4462089 MOPAR molded heater hose for this purpose, however I doubt that you can find such today.

You may be more lucky trying GATES hose 28473 and 28471. From the Vintage Gates Belt and Coolant hose catalog. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both, I believe I'm able to get the part local. But I will keep these resources in mind. The hose i was able to find has the one 90 bend.  A little different then the original hose but it looks like it would work. I will know more after this weekend when we work on it. Original hose's pictured below. IMG_2279.thumb.JPG.882cb7cbb69766dcb738dd0cf61ddf79.JPG

On 12/8/2019 at 5:21 PM, Hemi Dude said:
Gates EPDM Rubber Heater Hose  Primary Image

Gates

Gates EPDM Rubber Heater Hose 

Part #28471  $20.99 Each

Here you go, 5/8" molded heater hose available at O'Reilly Auto parts and likely others as well.