Jeff Perkins / Mn

If you could only have one “dream” car.......

6 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Actually,  I think it is a 31 CG,  but I cringe at second guessing you.

I would not want to throw down a Keiser31 challenge.:lol:

• Haha 2

Just checked the net, and "supercars.net " says she is a '32 CL.

I don't think so..............

Another image of a '32 CL had doors in the hood sides.

In any case, she makes the Dusy blush with envy....................

Mike in Colorado

• Like 1

I have always been more than happy with my 34 Mopars but with the 'call of the question' being dream car, price is no object and largely unobtainable, I have to go with a 1933 Studebaker St. Regis Brougham, which I believe there are none known to still exist.  Marvelous!!

33studebakerstregis.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Scott Bonesteel said:

I have always been more than happy with my 34 Mopars but with the 'call of the question' being dream car, price is no object and largely unobtainable, I have to go with a 1933 Studebaker St. Regis Brougham, which I believe there are none known to still exist.  Marvelous!!

33studebakerstregis.jpg

There is this one....

1933 Studebaker 2.jpg

Should have been more specific: 1933 Studebaker Speedway St. Regis Brougham Model 92.  I think the blue one posted by Keiser is the shorter Victoria.  

• Like 3

On 12/9/2019 at 12:00 PM, Pfeil said:

AACA recognized ????? It's a hot rod!

FB_IMG_1575845142168.jpg

YES! The Doan Spencer '32 is a Hot Rod that the owner could apply to be a Certified Race Car in class 27A. There have been many Hot Rods that are AACA Certified on the field at Hershey. This a photo of the same car back in the day. Bob 

1d574fe127f3b2580a5a1ba1e249e771.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George Smolinski said:

What's with the headlights on this one compared to the one in the black & white photo?

somebody put modern sealed beams inside the original buckets.

12 hours ago, keiser31 said:

I was going by what I saw on the net. It was labeled a 1932, but it DOES look more like a 1931. I have certainly been wrong before.

Yeah,  the net lies.   The 31 CG and the 32/33 CL are pretty easy to tell apart by the Hoods on the later which have the Count de Sakhnoffsky treatment extending them to the windshield.

This car has a cut down windshield,  there were two that had it,  the other has been restored back to the Lebaron windshield.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Since I mentioned Dietrich,  one of my all time favorite cars.  This is the Al Jolsen car that was blue before restoration.

image.thumb.png.c10b2013c170d800c04948b90a2e65e0.png

• Like 3

• Someone mentioned the FDR Packards a while back, this photo turned up on the HAMB yesterday. Bob 

Skärmavbild%202019-12-16%20kl.%2018.51.21.png

What year is that Packard? Compared to the Pierce Arrow behind it? Door handle designs are very different. What was the last year Packard used door handles like that?

15 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

What year is that Packard? Compared to the Pierce Arrow behind it? Door handle designs are very different. What was the last year Packard used door handles like that?

I think the door handles are odd also, believe the car is a 1933-34 based on the fenders. Bob 

11 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

FB_IMG_1575845142168.jpg

YES! The Doan Spencer '32 is a Hot Rod that the owner could apply to be a Certified Race Car in class 27A. There have been many Hot Rods that are AACA Certified on the field at Hershey. This a photo of the same car back in the day. Bob 

1d574fe127f3b2580a5a1ba1e249e771.jpg

That's too bad. Factory hot rods are OK though.

1 minute ago, Pfeil said:

That's too bad. Factory hot rods are OK though.

????????????????????????????????????????????

16 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

To many cool cars to pick just one

Agree, But that Imperial just above would look real nice in my garage.

• Like 1

I'm not much of a Caddy guy, but one of these would be fun.

Image result for mad max vehicles images

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

????????????????????????????????????????????

Factory built race cars are OK like this one, when NASCAR really meant National Association for "STOCK" Car Racing; Not Toyota's running a V-8 somewhere based on the SBC 10 times removed that never came with the car.

book1_3a.jpg

OR,

Image result for 1963 Pontiac Tempest 421 SD image" They were built by the factory and ran in Super STOCK and FACTORY Experimental 

Under the hood 1963 Pontiac Tempest 421/405 HP Super Duty Lightweight SafariNot built in some guys home garage or race shop;

Image result for image of hot rod race cars being built in the 50's"

So that's what I mean!!!

The factory race cars of the 50s, 60s exist largely due to golden age hot rods, some of which went on to sanctioned racing, no?  Just sayin.. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pfeil said:

Factory built race cars are OK like this one, when NASCAR really meant National Association for "STOCK" Car Racing; Not Toyota's running a V-8 somewhere based on the SBC 10 times removed that never came with the car.

book1_3a.jpg

OR,

Image result for 1963 Pontiac Tempest 421 SD image" They were built by the factory and ran in Super STOCK and FACTORY Experimental 

Under the hood 1963 Pontiac Tempest 421/405 HP Super Duty Lightweight SafariNot built in some guys home garage or race shop;

Image result for image of hot rod race cars being built in the 50's"

So that's what I mean!!!

Your stock car will be on the Hershey show field with a Hot Rod on either side competing for the same AACA awards, welcome to class 24A. Hope you don't have a problem with INDY cars and GP cars, they will be in completion for the same awards.  Bob 

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)

Bob, regarding that Chrysler Imperial roadster from 1931 , for decades there was one located in the Syracuse, NY area I believe. Fellow belonged to CCCA.

Not sure if the car pictured is the same car or not.

Walt