Nickel plating for my 1922 Buick

Today I took off work and drove 2 1/2 hours to Librandi’s plating in Harrisburg, Pa to pick up my plated parts.  I was very happy with the quality of work done by them.  You can see my front bumper (1/2 of it), my water tube and all of the hood parts and Motormeter.  

I met with Larry D’Barry near Gettysburg on the way home and we had a great lunch talking about Buick’s!

1BB04E19-EAD2-4436-BA67-E330DC100FDB.jpeg

6247F015-FD59-47ED-B413-A5D1D920CEA6.jpeg

EFFEA50E-5A4C-4BBC-BBA8-CB097EA033E8.jpeg

95FD3367-9117-467E-8FDA-AAD011C3B8AD.jpeg

• Like 9

When I dropped it off I think he told me 17-20 weeks because they were really backed up.  Today he said they were not backed up to badly and they were completing jobs in about 8 weeks right now.  It took between 5-6 months to get this order.

• Like 3

I work 1/4 mile from Librandi's at Harrisburg IAP (KMDT) and have had all my Nickel and Chrome plating done by them.

Like Mark, I have never been disappointed and they are worth the wait.  For me it has normally taken 3 to 4 months.

The question to ask yourself when getting parts plated is to you want a good job or a quick job.  I many cases you will not get both.

Edited by Vila (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I am wanting to have the emergency brake handle and button replated for the '16.  I am going to get in touch with them and ask some questions.  The pieces that Mark had done look beautiful - especially that water return tube.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Lenny,

I paid 2200 for everything on the table.  It only shows 1/2 of the front bumper however.  I would estimate 4-500 for the water tube but that is only a guess.  My bumper was a lot of work so that cost me a bundle I’m sure.  I’m sure the bumper and clamps cost me 900 plus and the motormeter was 400 or so plus everything else.  I don’t have an itemized list.

Mark