Do you have this metal part in your inventory ?

30DodgePanel

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Very true and may end up going  that route. In the meantime I'm hoping to get original  time period correct.

Thanks for the suggestion

What happened to the one someone showed you on your other post? Looked like darn near the same part to me.

badge.JPG

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, keiser31 said:

What happened to the one someone showed you on your other post? Looked like darn near the same part to me.

He sold it to someone else out from under me (in my own thread) and never gave me a chance to respond to his posting it.

C49er and others may think it's funny,  but when you have been looking for a part this rare for nearly a decade I think it's kind of %&^ty that someone flashes a part in a post that I took the time to advertise asking for help and then he sells it to someone else. I hope none  of you ever get to experience that feeling from another so called fellow hobbyist claiming he wants to help. 

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Similar to what just happened to me. I was bidding on a part for my '31 Dodge and just as I was about to win it for a pittance, the auction item disappeared. No notice as to being sold or anything like that. Just disappeared. I hate waiting a week or more to bid and figure out that you are going to win when it gets yanked out from under you. I feel your pain 30DodgePanel!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No worries, my guess by looking at his photo and  due to his screen name he took my measurements and design off my thread and made up the part you see in the photo trying to pass it off as an original. I can make it (same as he did) so I'm not worried about it, I'd just like to secure an original piece so the hunt goes on...

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)