Sign in to follow this  
JustDave

Clum switch

Is there anyone that deals in clum ignition switches,or has a clum catalog showing different cars using the same switch will gladly by a catalog for the info,trying to find ignition switch

I have this book and it shows a LOT of the switch applications....there are quite a few pages of them.

IMG_6549 (2).JPG

IMG_6550 (2).JPG

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Yes John it’s for the devaux,as usual not much info on the devaux,I’ve got a similiarmanual that has devaux but all it says is lock type,I have two 31 devauxs and a 32,but only one has the original switch,the 31 I’m working on has  been a project for a gentleman up north since 1969,when he passed away the family sold it to the guy I bought it from and you can guess he picked up the car but didn’t get allot of the small parts,I think he missed a box of small parts and that’s what I’m looking for now,the ignition switch,the w ind shield wiper motor arm and blade,the side mount hardware and the list goes on,every time I look for something it’s missing,funny thing is I found the radiator shell devaux emblem and even the crank hole overs,just random stuff is missing,thanks for looking. Dave

Can you get the number off of the original CLUM switch that you do have? Maybe even a photo of it.

Let me see it’s still in the car,I’ll see if I can get it out and find a number,thanks for taking the time and looking this up,   Dave

Not sure if your aware of it, but the Durant Motors Automobile Club  located at www.durantmotors.com is a club that covers the DeVaux. We have a number of members that have them and that would probably be the best place, on their forum, to post parts requests. There are several members that deal in parts for these cars. FYI

4 minutes ago, Durant Mike said:

Not sure if your aware of it, but the Durant Motors Automobile Club  located at www.durantmotors.com is a club that covers the DeVaux. We have a number of members that have them and that would probably be the best place, on their forum, to post parts requests. There are several members that deal in parts for these cars. FYI

Are the Durant and DeVaux related in any way?

Yes they are.    Norman DeVaux was Durant's man in California for Chevrolet prior to and when Durant was with General Motors. After Durant left General Motors  1920 and created Durant Motors, Norman DeVaux came along and ran the assembly plant in Oakland California for Durant. When Durant Motors ceased operation in 1931 and declared bankruptcy, DeVaux teamed up with Colonel Hall and built DeVaux automobiles using a lot of left over Durant parts. They had a plant in California and in Grand Rapids, Michigan. That company only lasted two years before it went belly up. Then the engine manufacturer Continental picked up, also using left over Durant parts and made their car for one year. The Depression just killed them all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1