1932 v16 caddy on ebay

That's the one with all the hooks in the rear seat area for hanging different fabric samples. It was a demonstrator car at one of the large auto salons in 1932 and there should be a rather big box of all the fabric samples that go with it. They're neatly sized to fit the door panel or the panel behind the front seat and you can see the little hooks where they would attach. The samples were with the car when I last saw it about four years ago, hopefully they're still there, although this seller wasn't the owner at that time. I'd think that would be a big part of this particular car's value.

• Like 2

Not sure I buy the lime green wheel accents, my guess is they would have been a forest green to match the pin stripes.  The guy driving needs a Fedora and a grey pin stripe suit.

3216213-347.jpg

PS my guess is the rear seat lower cushion is not installed correctly, looks like it needs to slide back about 4 inches, all the Graham-Paige seven passenger cars had about the same 6 inches for the rear passengers feet also.

Edited by Graham Man (see edit history)

It's possible that the rear seat is adjustable, back and forth, which also changes the angle of the backrest (since bottom of backrest would be attached to back of cushion, and top of backrest hinged on body).  To me it looks like that's the case, and it's just all the way forward...

Can not speak specifically about the Cadillac, but the big Graham cars had three positions for the rear seat bottom cushion, in and out (it was separate in Graham, the back cushion is mounted) it would adjust the passenger height and leg support.  If it were adjusted all the way forward in the seven passenger sedan, foot room would be tight.  The smallest Graham seven passenger was 134" wheel base, 137" was the largest.

They really are fine cars and whole different ball games than the bulk of pre-war cars.  I would say very worthy car and price is somewhere around it's asking.  

My only comment is that in 1932 Cadillac offered Wheel Disks and it was pretty trendy option (all be it now rare as hens teeth in surviving sets)  - I do not know if they are aluminum or painted steel (all be it I can tell you the sales literature show then polished/plated and on the flip side of the coin factory photos show them in both polished/plated and painted), but I guarantee you this car will "knock your socks off" with them in polished/plated.  

And, for fun of it, I always like the Heron mascot all be it the build sheet probably states Goddess. 

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, Restorer32 said:

I have a set of wheel discs.  As I remember they are for 17" rims, possibly Packard?  I should dig them out and do some measuring. I have no use for them maybe someone does.

DIG THEM OUT.......I would be interested............steel or aluminum?

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 8:31 PM, alsancle said:

1932 Cadillac V-16 Five-Passenger Sedan by Fleetwood

Sold For $218,400

Inclusive of applicable buyer's fee.

RM | Sotheby's - ARIZONA 16 - 17 JANUARY 2020 - The John D. Groendyke Collection

On 12/4/2019 at 8:31 PM, alsancle said:

It will be interesting to see what this 32 brings.  It has been in the best V16 collection in the world and you can bet anything that comes out of there is sorted for driving.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/az20/arizona/lots/r0011-1932-cadillac-v-16-five-passenger-sedan-by-fleetwood/830531

1932CaddyV16.jpg