37PackardMan

1989 Lincoln speaker replacement

We have a 1989 Lincoln Town Car.  The dash speakers are shot and we are looking for replacements.  Has anyone out there found plug and play replacements?

Ford won't have speakers for that old of a vehicle, but there are a lot of aftermarket speakers.  Check with a local auto audio shop that installs sound systems in vehicles.   Bigger magnets have better base response too.  

I have considered just going to a local auto audio shop, but expect that the latest and greatest speakers will not have the old Ford style plug.

I was hoping that someone in the audience would have crossed that bridge and found a true 'plug and play' replacement.

I would certainly expect newer speakers to have better sound.

Thanks for replying...

A good radio repairman could probably take the old connector off your speaker and mount it on the new one.  In the grand scheme of things it's a lot more important to get a good sounding speaker and not worry about connecting the speaker cable to the new speaker.  Wiring terminals work and you can also solder them for a great connection! And no one is going to see the speaker anyway so it's not very important!