dibarlaw

Need "Roller Tires" 5.50X20 or 6.00X20

Gentleman called from Virginia today about needing tires.

He just purchased a 1929 Model 27 that has been stored since 1954. The tires are all flat in a petrified state. He would like 4 cast off newer useable tires to get the car moveable while he works on the car. Any 20" tires out there in our eastern region? I agreed it was wise not to get new ones until he is ready to have the car back on the road.

Alfred Puckett

434-283-5109

Edited by dibarlaw
spelling (see edit history)

Not sure how quickly he needs them but I am going to be replacing my tires this Spring!  My tires “look” nearly new however the car sat for 20 or so years and have a flat spot on them causing mild shimmy at speed.

So, if he wants to wait till Spring I am sure we can work out something.

And I thought I was the only one with 1 year only tires.  William - Your tires are 21".  20" tires are 1 year only.  1929.  I have one 22" tire that would make a good roller if someone needed it.  

Edited by Hubert_25-25 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks Hugh. I wrote those numbers into my Master Parts Book which is effective date Aug 1, 1929 so it did not list the 1929 sizes, just left it blank (but listed '30 for some reason.) 

DSCN3191.JPG

• Like 1

Tell ALFRED, if he isn’t successful here, he needs to join the 1929 Silver Anniversary BUICK Club and advertise in their Newsletter. 

Bill McLaughlin

1929 Silver Anniversary BUICK Club