A little AACA History for you

Terry Bond

As written on the back of pictures, this was the 4th AACA outing ever held and the third time it was held at the Folwell residence in Merion. I have numerous pictures and newspaper clippings plus an 8MM movie of the meets. Can't say that I remember it since I was only age three but my older sister remembers the meets because  we lived there and the Folwells were our grandparents.

Walter Matter was an institution at the early meets and drove his model T down from Hawley, Pa. in the Poconos

I think the 1910 Ford roadster participated in the Lansing to Dearborn Run, a co-sponsored event by the HCCA and the AACA Snappers, last September.  The Ford still looks that way I recognized the script, is this the car, perhaps someone made their car a clone.   Gary

DSC_1772.JPG

15 hours ago, A. Ballard 35R said:

As written on the back of pictures, this was the 4th AACA outing ever held and the third time it was held at the Folwell residence in Merion. I have numerous pictures and newspaper clippings plus an 8MM movie of the meets. Can't say that I remember it since I was only age three but my older sister remembers the meets because  we lived there and the Folwells were our grandparents.

Walter Matter was an institution at the early meets and drove his model T down from Hawley, Pa. in the Poconos

I think there is probably a lot of AACA history that exists among individual collections.  It needs to be destined for the AACA Library and Research Center for its final repository though, otherwise it may be lost forever.  That 8mm movie could probably be digitized and shared here.

Terry