Ralph Marano's '34 Packard Aero Coupe

1935Packard

I first met Ralph and his wife on a Caravan back in the 80’s when I was just a kid........they showed me kindness and generosity from the first second I met them. They always work together as a team, and enjoy the hobby with their children and grandchildren. They are true car people and great ambassadors for the hobby. My first ride in a Packard was in their 1932 Dual Cowl Phaeton.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 11:45 AM, John_Mereness said:

I have enjoyed every minute of my time with Ralph.  

Ralph is a Cadillac guy too (or at least I helped him in that direction) :) 

To the best of my knowledge Ralph can’t say any automotive related word that doesn’t include Packard. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, edinmass said:

To the best of my knowledge Ralph can’t say any automotive related word that doesn’t include Packard. 

He has a secret life - there is a 1934 Cadillac V-16 Convertible Sedan in the garage - I compliment him on his taste too (only one built in 34 without sidemount spares) - An Auto Show Car bought new off the floor of the GM Rotunda at Worlds Fair.  

Sidenote:  There is a Lincoln Convertible Sedan in the Garage too that knew where it was hidden. 

cadillac-v16_key_12.thumb.jpg.dd228fd43af99bec8f2748ee1994f48e.jpg

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)

Ralph has a few other “distraction” from Packard cars in the collection. All unusual and very special. He has a great post war collection also..........and all of his stuff is well done and tasteful.

21 hours ago, edinmass said:

Ralph has a few other “distraction” from Packard cars in the collection. All unusual and very special. He has a great post war collection also..........and all of his stuff is well done and tasteful.

Interesting, hopefully I get up that way to visit at some point.  And, Glad to hear as it crossed my mind that I may be the root of all evils toward his non-Packard interests.  

6 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

Interesting, hopefully I get up that way to visit at some point.  And, Glad to hear as it crossed my mind that I may be the root of all evils toward his non-Packard interests.  

I know what the next car is coming out of the shop..............It’s hush-hush top secret. 😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edinmass said:

I know what the next car is coming out of the shop..............It’s hush-hush top secret. 😎

I'm guessing it's not this, just to rule out something obvious.