Any guys own 86 K car Lebaron turbo Converts?

2.2 turbo? 2.6???

2.2 engine would be desirable especially /the turbo

Are the exterior wood grained moldings intact and in good shape?

Digital dash?  If so is it working properly?

If you do get it and if you need anything I have LOTS of parts for it

I bought a new one in 89 or so (not a turbo) for my mom. Might have been 86, along in there anyway.

It lasted her well until a radiator failure in a bad place so she demanded a new car. 

The Aries passed to one of the daughters for her high and college school car. So another six or seven years. She got a new car at her college graduation.

That was about 10 or 12 years ago I am thinking. But about 150,000 well maintained miles.

Ran when sold.

Any 1986 car is going to be a poor performer and not very reliable by today's standards. Having said that, they made millions of K cars and they were as reliable as the typical American car of the period and better than some I could name. One trouble spot that come to mind is blown head gaskets. We used to do a "lift and slide" which means, remove head bolts, lift head slightly, slide out the old gasket and slide in a new one without taking the head off. The other thing was peculiar to the turbo model. The excessive heat "baked" the wiring harness and rubber hoses etc under the hood and caused them to fail, especially on cars that were driven hard and in hot climates. If the wiring is not too brittle or cracking you should be ok.

One advantage they have or had, is that parts are plentiful and cheap.You should still be able to get almost anything you need at your local parts store.

A car like that doesn't have much value and probably never will but you could have a lot of fun for not too much money if you get a good one.

• Like 1