Old radio repair

Buick35

Sorry I don't live in Florida, but I did send my radio off to Retro Radio Restoration (PA). Mine is a 12 volt out of an early 60's vehicle, but I'm pretty sure they do 6 volt units, too. I should mention they haven't done the work yet - won't get my radio back til spring, so it takes a while to get it back, but they have good reviews.

Home - Radio Restoration

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

Sorry I don't live in Florida, but I did send my radio off to Retro Radio Restoration (PA). Mine is a 12 volt out of an early 60's vehicle, but I'm pretty sure they do 6 volt units, too. I should mention they haven't done the work yet - won't get my radio back til spring, so it takes a while to get it back, but they have good reviews.

Home - Radio Restoration

Retro Radio has done several of mine - 

both 6-Volt and 12-Volt,

and has also converted my 1941 Cadillac 6-Volt to play both AM/FM,

and has leads to allow hook up for my old iPod, and CD player,

Great company to deal with !

and brother-in-law of Doug Seybold of 1940-1941 Buick Fame 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 3macboys said:

I had to chuckle at you hooking up your obsolete modern technology to your antique car, it just seems appropriate.  

Thanks, 3macboys,

but the upgrade and conversion to the dealer-installed original radio was actually done back around 1995, so it wasn't quite so obsolete, and gave us hours, and thousands of miles of cross-country enjoyment,

We really enjoyed the Ontario Region, AACA 2018 tour from Alliston to Kincardine, Ontario, as well as the 2019 AACA Vintage Tour based in Kingston, ON hosted by Joe and Lynne Konarowski

1934 BUICK 019.jpg

1934 BUICK 017.jpg

• Like 1

I just bought a 1953 Buick Radio which is intact. Model 981323 made by Delco, 12 volts. I am telling you this because I have met scammers on line . A fellow from Alberta  sent me a schematic for free and told me what to replace in order to get it to work safely. ( 0Z4, 3 pin vibrator and a certain 1600 volt capacitor. These parts are available  from Tubes and More on line. New tubes are also available. 

I have had 3 done here, excellent work.  65-66 Cadillac radios, preserving original look.  He will also add cable to connect phone, etc.. 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/precision-stereo-repair-marcy-2

"Specialties

1946 to 1990 Antique and Classic Car radio Repair and 1970 to 1980 Antique and Classic Home Stereo Repair I don't install car stereo's

History

Established in 1977.

From 1977 to 1999 I repaired any modern home or car stereo. From 2000 to present I switched to repair of any classic car radio from 1946 to 1990. I can also add an aux input to any classic car radio from 1946 to 1990. I moved to new address in 2012, Precision Stereo Repair 6475 Stage Rd Utica NY 13502 I don't install car stereo's"

Chuck

Edited by ChazA (see edit history)