Hi fellas!

I am looking for  A BLACK OR WHITE TC in California!  Who is offering what? ( I miss my 1990 so I need a replacement - but it has to be in decent shape!) 

Offers Please....( real world offers of course...) 

"found" a white beige 1991 with an odometer stuck at 88k...a little rust underneath the fuel door. ...driver side door pins came loose, driver side door chrome loose and bend 4 inches, rear reflector chrome on right side loose and bend.....otherwise straight. has been sitting for a while...a little hesitant...because true milage is unknown...starts right up...no smoke so far..(might be a 91 with a fixed valve guide issue) price is way lower than average...4 owners...needs new shocks&struts....paint looks good....I just wish it was black leather...like my old one....

That is certainly #1, but all those other minor items you referred to. After 280K+ miles on my red TC, no such items have been violated.

This shows poor treatment of a car by the previous owner/s.

You were looking for a nice car, I don’t see that in this car.

Just my opinion.

3 hours ago, Hemi Dude said:

Currently there are 4 white  3.0L TCs for sale in the current TC America newsletter and one 3.0L Smoke Quartz colored. 

Hemi!  I know...but they are either out of my budget or 2000 miles away from LA....:)

This white one in Granada Hills is back on Craigslist again, has been for sale for many months starting at about 4500 and dropping to 3500 for the last 2 months. I emailed the seller at first post of 3500 but decided the extra parts really meant the possibility of lots of work needed to make it a daily driver and never went to see it. ( I also would have had to sit somewhere for 4 hours to recharge my electric car just to get home.) This is the only white one I've seen for sale in SoCal for the last few months.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/granada-hills-1991-chrysler-tc-maserati/7038438966.html

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, ghostymosty said:

This white one in Granada Hills is back on Craigslist again, has been for sale for many months starting at about 4500 and dropping to 3500 for the last 2 months. I emailed the seller at first post of 3500 but decided the extra parts really meant the possibility of lots of work needed to make it a daily driver and never went to see it. ( I also would have had to sit somewhere for 4 hours to recharge my electric car just to get home.) This is the only white one I've seen for sale in SoCal for the last few months.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/granada-hills-1991-chrysler-tc-maserati/7038438966.html

I went to look at it...too many issues...runs on 5 cyl., true milage unknown since 2007...stuck at 88.  too much of a stretch

got an eye on a 1990 white/black....and wondering, if this leather issue can be fixed.... any idea? or switch out the dashboard ? Seller says condition is between stiff and still soft...whatever that means...lol...I dont see myself trying to stretch it...rest of the car looks ok to me...if I'd buy it, I would need a new dash...

IMG_1565.JPG

IMG_1566.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

Edited by shelbyone
additions (see edit history)

This is a common issue with these cars, regardless of the color. I have seen it fixed and I am going to attempt to fix one of mine possibly over the Xmas break. It takes time and patience. I condition the living crap out of the leather before I even attempt to start stretching. My theory is that leather that is soft and pliable is much easier to work with and less likely to crack or rip. I have been using 3M contact cement to re-glue it. I was able to get the defrost panel looking good again, so I am confident I can do the dash.

• Like 1

ok...got another offer...91 yellow/black 69kmiles, 1 owner. codes:

35  Cooling fan relay circuit open or shorted

22  Coolant sensor signal out of range

17   Engine stays cool too long (bad thermostat or coolant sensor?)

62  EMR mileage cannot be stored in EEPROM

not selling under 5k.. everything works, perfect condition, always! garaged...

should I pull the trigger?

.. everything works, perfect condition, always! garaged...”    PERFECT?
17, 22, 35, all indicate cooling system issues.  17 is no doubt a BROKEN thermostat, which is common on the 3L. I would say, replace thermostat with a STANT 195 degree thermostat, clear the codes run the engine until hot. If fan does not come on, the fan relay is likely the problem. Maybe caused by defective fan motor.

The 22 code is likely from having the engine running with coolant temperature sensor disconnected, the sensor rarely fails.

You know you’ll get a code 12 when retesting, let us know what else shows.

That I’d IF you go so far as to bite on this one.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Hemi Dude said:

.. everything works, perfect condition, always! garaged...”    PERFECT?
17, 22, 35, all indicate cooling system issues.  17 is no doubt a BROKEN thermostat, which is common on the 3L. I would say, replace thermostat with a STANT 195 degree thermostat, clear the codes run the engine until hot. If fan does not come on, the fan relay is likely the problem. Maybe caused by defective fan motor.

The 22 code is likely from having the engine running with coolant temperature sensor disconnected, the sensor rarely fails.

You know you’ll get a code 12 when retesting, let us know what else shows.

That I’d IF you go so far as to bite on this one.

merry xmas hemi!..thanks for your input..(.I did not buy it yet...they will sell if for 5k, not a cent less) would you say that the price is fair for a TC in this condition?