Bob Stanley

1932 Model 68 motor swap to '48 '49

Would anyone know if the '48-'49 straight eight will bolt up to my '32 Buick model 68 without too much trouble?

Thank you, Bob Stanley

IMG_0036.JPG

4 hours ago, Bob Stanley said:

Would anyone know if the '48-'49 straight eight will bolt up to my '32 Buick model 68 without too much trouble?

Thank you, Bob Stanley

No. 

To start with 1948-1949 front engine mounts are on the side.  Before that mid-late 30's to 1947 engine mount at the front (plate). Guess 1932 was the same.

Transmission would be a challenge

From the picture the car looks OK. No rust showing.  Too good to hot rod.

Local guy here in Bonham, Texas has a good running straight eight from a 1932 model 66 that he street-rodded (sigh). I can give you his contact info, if desired.

1 hour ago, 1939_Buick said:

No. 

To start with 1948-1949 front engine mounts are on the side.  Before that mid-late 30's to 1947 engine mount at the front (plate). Guess 1932 was the same.

!

1939,  regards the side engine mounts.  I do not know about as far back as 1932, but do know the later engines, all the way through 1953 can be used in earlier cars back through 1937. Maybe earlier. The side mounts are ignored. The front plate, for motor mounts,  from the receiving car is exchanged with the donor engine. 

Ben

• Like 2

Just change the mounts and swap 'er in. TROUBLE starts when you notice how easy and cheap it is to disassemble the whole thing without even budgeting the three hundred $100 jobs to put it back together.

A lot of good intentioned restorers  have given street rods a start by doing that.

Bernie

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 1939_Buick said:

No. 

8 hours ago, 1939_Buick said:

No. 

No rust on the body just 60 years of barn dirt. Interior is not too bad at least it's all complete. No street rod'in, all original. 

• Like 1