Not Mine - Steve Plunkett Collection Selling First Phase

My wife pointed this out to me today.  I never made it to his car show but it was one of the largest in my area with great entertainment over the years.  I'm sure that lots of members on here would know about his collection.  I know nothing more than this was posted on the ONDR (Ontario Nostagia Drag Racing) Facebook page.  

67376042_100306321319750_823694746921310
Fleetwood Cruizein to FLEETWOOD COUNTRY CRUIZE-IN

**Steve Plunkett Collection Selling First Phase**

1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville - $49,000 CAD
1958 Cadillac Custom Lowrider - SOLD
1966 Buick Wildcat Convertible...

See More
Image may contain: text
Contact Seller
Steve Plunkett

• Like 1

While the Salon is the primary Cadillac-LaSalle collection, other buildings are dedicated to the fantastic collections of Buick, Oldsmobile, and Pontiac.

We had the honor of visiting when Mr. Plunkett gave us a private tour of his collections last August following the AACA Vintage Tour in Kingston, Ontario.

If only I had the space - and the resources ...

• Like 1

I have seen these cars close up and they are very, very nice! He has these cars meticulously maintained and fully serviced with all records. Steve is a great guy to deal with.

The cars are described very honestly and kept indoors. Clean as you will ever find.

11 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

August following the AACA Vintage Tour in Kingston, Ontario

Marty we are going to run a 3 day prewar  tour in Kingston again next year with different venues than last years tour.  And yes  we are planing on visiting the Kingston Pen. I am actual already getting phone call inquiries on it and it was only decided Oct. 26. So if you are in the area next August again join in.  

On another note Marty, Lynne and I were shocked at the number of times we were stopped at Hershey this year being thanked for hosting the Vintage Tour and what a wonder full time they had up here. It was overwhelming how appreciative AACA members were.  

Sorry for hijacking this thread but it is related to Marts comment

Joe

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)
8 hours ago, Joe in Canada said:

Marty we are going to run a 3 day prewar  tour in Kingston again next year with different venues than last years tour.  And yes  we are planing on visiting the Kingston Pen. I am actual already getting phone call inquiries on it and it was only decided Oct. 26. So if you are in the area next August again join in.  

On another note Marty, Lynne and I were shocked at the number of times we were stopped at Hershey this year being thanked for hosting the Vintage Tour and what a wonder full time they had up here. It was overwhelming how appreciative AACA members were.  

Sorry for hijacking this thread but it is related to Marts comment

Joe

Again, with apologies per the thread,

Joe and Lynne, you did an amazing job hosting the AACA Vintage Tour. The host facility, the roads you pre-selected, the venues, the hosted stops, the friendliness of the folks we met along the way -

It was an exceptional time. Yes, AACA folks are appreciative of obvious effort, and yes, the humor (Canada, Eh?) you provided made it even more welcoming.

Even the almost daily "CAR WASH" didn't dampen the humor, and we got to share the ride in our 7-passenger '30 Packard Touring with other folks every day.

To bring it back to this thread,

Steve Plunkett very generously invited us to visit his collection, so we left Kingston Saturday, trailering the Packard to London for an overnight stay and a great steak house/sports bar. Sunday, Steve met us at his home, took us first to the parts and Corvette area, as well as the famous tunnel between the mansion and the door. This door to the tunnel has been signed by just about every famous entertainer, and these are folks he has brought in to perform at his huge charity events. Next Steve took us to the Salon, a building he had created to provide the look and feeling of elegance of the magnificent Cadillac showrooms of the 1930s-era. The Earle Anthony aura, with a Grand Salon, designed perhaps by an architect such as Bernard Maybeck, is almost overwhelming, and would be so, if not for the magnificent Cadillacs which themselves are so perfect, and so perfectly displayed. Dale and I have visited some amazing collections and museums over the years, and for years have tried to arrange the visit to Mr. Plunkett's. The wait was truly worth it. We were overwhelmed at the quality, the variety, the display, and Steve's generous way - including the use of his Cadillac Golf Cart to transport Dale which would have been more difficult with her rolling walker - especially getting to the rear of the property to the Buick building and the Oldsmobile & Pontiac buildings.

Yes, AACA folks appreciate your efforts, and Dale and I look forward to many return visits to Ontario -

Thanks again, Joe and Lynne.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)