Trim Clip

Alan Cutler

Hi Folks,

Another poster from the truck side and I, have had trouble locating a trim clip, this clip attaches the chrome trim around the radiator shell...pictures are below. I have used door panel clip in the past and modified them, Unfortunately when using modified clips/bolts, they tend to show when looking close at the shell. Additionally, when trying to restore back to assembly line condition, as close to original matters...

I have reached out to several of the restoration supply houses, with no luck over the years....can anyone direct us to a supply house or person that may have a lead on them?

Thanks in advance.

Clip 8.jpg

Clip 7.jpg

Clip 6.jpg

Clip 5.jpg

Clip 4.jpg

59139479025__D62751ED-990F-483D-B701-4F6D28760A47.JPG

59139481314__74965C62-7510-43E2-9C07-DD0DBB14092A.JPG

Edited by Surf City '38 (see edit history)

Did you try Restoration Specialties in PA? They might have something. Are you sure that they are original type clips, as the one pictured looks like a type that came out in the late '40's and used through the '60's. You may have to send Jeff at RS a sample.

Jeff is a great guy, he even sent me samples to see if I can get them to work...I'd have to do some major mods to get them to work.

I have to assume they are OG, these are the only ones I have ever seen as actual clips, every other time I see restored units and non-restored, its either a nut and bolt, zip ties, door molding clips (w/mods), etc...

Thanks Jim.

(Just a FYI, he thought X410 would fit, http://stores.restorationspecialties.com/x410-win-package-of-10/ , and it was the closest)

Hey, thanks a bunch for the lead Bill, I will send an email out right away.

(Update, Roman got right back to me from RJL, no luck)