1929 Pontiac Sedan seat

Cabnut

It looks the same.  Send me measurements of the cutout for tool storage and the seat adjuster mount and I will compare it with mine. The only thing mine doesn't have is the mount for the ashtray.

The opening is 31" by 11 1/8" approx. Here is a picture of the seat adjuster. This is a 1929 Chevrolet seat and both Pontiac and Chev used same interior handles in 1929. If your Pontiac has ashtrays on either side of the back seat then there wouldn't be one in the back of the front seat. Thanks for your reply.

IMG_5973.JPG

Thank you gentlemen. Good information to know. This one is for a 1929 Chevrolet Sedan. Surprising that the lower priced Chev had an ash tray as standard. Similar seat assembly can be built without ashtray mount for Pontiac. Looking at Olds for 1929 I believe the same assembly was used.  I guess Fisher did a little cross compatibility and used different upholsterydepending on where the seat was going. I wonder now about Buick. 

5 hours ago, Cabnut said:

This one is for a 1929 Chevrolet Sedan. Surprising that the lower priced Chev had an ash tray as standard.

Also surprising are the number of "dress up" aftermarket bits and pieces that are available for the Chevrolet and how few for the upscale, upmarket Pontiac.  I guess quality does not need gussying up???

1 hour ago, Tinindian said:

Also surprising are the number of "dress up" aftermarket bits and pieces that are available for the Chevrolet and how few for the upscale, upmarket Pontiac.  I guess quality does not need gussying up???

Volume. More Chevs then Pontiacs. The quality was mostly in the mechanicals. Both had Fisher bodies so not much difference there.

It seems like the US made 1930 Pontiac Custom Sedan (6-30B -  30309) had ash trays on each side of the rear seat.  No ash tray on the back of the seat.  There is no ash tray in the front, which surprised me.  What really bugged me about the difference between Chevrolet and Pontiac of that era is that Chevy's had trip odometers and Pontiacs did not.  

1930 Pontiac -4.JPG

All good info. For the most part I have found cars that did not have a seat back mounted ash tray had them on the sides of the back seat and vice versa. Chev did this in 1931 and many other years. My 1929 Chevrolet had one ashtray on the back of the front seat for rear passengers. No tray in front. So far aside from the ash tray differences (and material choice for upholstery) it looks like Fisher used the same front seat frame in Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile and possibly Buick sedans from 1929 to 1931. All these years used the same adjuster mechanism. I've completed a new frame for my 1929 and as I have patterns I wanted to know what other models this could be used in in case anyone ever needed one. I will be building a new assembly for my 1929 Cabriolet and it looks like the same was used for Cabriolet/coupe for 29 to 31 as well.