Sign in to follow this  
Djgj74

31 gm coupe

I would like some information on a  1931 Pontiac coupe. How sells repop hinges and body parts thank you 

I think it is unlikely anyone makes panels for an early 30s Pontiac. A bigger problem is likely to be the wood underneath.....

If Chevy panels are made, they might be close enough to cut up for repairs of the Pontac panels. All GM closed cars (except Cadillac) in that era had Fisher bodies, so there is a good chance the hinges would interchange with some other makes. The hinge pins and bushings definitely interchange, are available, and also fit much newer cars. If your hinges are just bad, not missing, I suggest you rebuild them.

KornKurt on this forum is a good source of Pontiac parts. California Pontiac Restoration is another. The Filling Station in Oregon is a good source of repro Chevy stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bloo said:

All GM closed cars (except Cadillac) in that era had Fisher bodies

The Cadillac base model body was Fisher on the V8 models in the early 30s. A 1930 Cadillac V8 body tag I have that was misplaced  for over 10 years. I bought a replacement for $100. US $ and then it reappeared from its hiding spot the next week.   

2019-11-19 2019-11-19 001 001.JPG

• Like 1