rcp888

1960 Buick Electra 225 accessories codes on body number plate

Could anyone help with deciphering the accessories codes on the 1960 Buick Electra 225 body number plates?  I've searched this forum and the internet but can find nothing addressing the accessories codes.  I found lots of info on the trim and other codes on the plate, but nothing on the accessories codes.  My plate says "ACC  N7-U7".  Thanks in advance for your help.

OK RCP:  Ask someone on the 1960 Buick Universe facebook page and get a pretty quick answer.  Mitch

For your specific car, you'll probably need to search for a build sheet.  For the BODY.  I believe the body was assembled by Fisher Body, then married with the chassis at the GM Assembly Plant, back then.

Things were not as easy to track, back then, as they are for newer vehicles, by observation.  It takes product knowledge of what could be on the vehicle, a knowledge of what was standard equipment for the particular model, what the options were that could be on the vehicle, plus knowledge of the various trim levels of the particular model.  The body and chassis probably had separate build sheets, I suspect, due to their different assembly locations, too.  A Buick parts book for that model year could be a help in determining what's on the car, too.

NTX5467