1934 Dodge Locking Spare Wheel Hubcaps

Ian_Greenlaw

• 2 years later...

Hi, I just found this forum and if Ian still has the '36 locking Dodge hubcaps, would you be interested in selling them? I have a '35 and I think they might fit. I'd have to see the back side of the cap. If you could message me 'd appreciate it. Thanks

On 5/11/2022 at 7:00 PM, Fireball3553 said:

Hi, I just found this forum and if Ian still has the '36 locking Dodge hubcaps, would you be interested in selling them? I have a '35 and I think they might fit. I'd have to see the back side of the cap. If you could message me 'd appreciate it. Thanks

You better check the ID and OD sizes I believe 34’s are larger than 35’s

• Like 1

I think the difference in the locks, as can be seen from the pictures, is that one of them is for the Yale Omega 'bent key' that was used on the 34s and the other type is for the later, more standard key.  In addition, a 34 and 35 hubcap, both Dodge and Plymouth, are much different from one another, visually (stripe is located differently on the Plymouths) and in means of attachment to the wheel.  On the locking caps, my experience is that they do interchange with the spare covers.  

• Like 1

I just secured 2 locking hub caps with Omega "bent" keys for my 34 Brougham that measure 6 7/8" ID with a 8 1/2" OD. They are identical to the Knobless photos. I'm not sure if there are differences in "early or late 34" keys, which could be the differences in the other photos.

BTW, does anybody have a resource for "keying" the lock when you don't have any matching keys?  I have some new, uncut, bent key blanks and I hope I can get both caps working. I have one of them at the restorer that is going to be longing for a working key.

9 hours ago, jiminyfixit said:

I just secured 2 locking hub caps with Omega "bent" keys for my 34 Brougham that measure 6 7/8" ID with a 8 1/2" OD. They are identical to the Knobless photos. I'm not sure if there are differences in "early or late 34" keys, which could be the differences in the other photos.

BTW, does anybody have a resource for "keying" the lock when you don't have any matching keys?  I have some new, uncut, bent key blanks and I hope I can get both caps working. I have one of them at the restorer that is going to be longing for a working key.

Let me know exactly what you need.  I have a jar full of lock cylinders with matching keys and perhaps you can get the cylinder out of yours.  I will shoot you a photo or two tonight.  SMB

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Scott Bonesteel said:

Let me know exactly what you need.  I have a jar full of lock cylinders with matching keys and perhaps you can get the cylinder out of yours.  I will shoot you a photo or two tonight.  SMB

What I need to figure out is if the lock needs to be accessed when the cap skin is removed for restoration, or if it can be done assembled. If it needs to be disassembled, I need to coordinate with the restorer.

BTW, you wouldn't happen to have the lock, with bezel, that fits in the passenger door? It was removed years ago for some reason. If I find one, I will need to have it match Omega keys for caps, ignition & door.

• 2 weeks later...