1991 Late Model VIN $8000 or any offer - 46K miles

B Jake Moran

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ctd/d/flushing-1991-reatta-46k-miles-all/7005348950.html

VIN 1136 sounds like this would be a late one, would have to check Barney's database.  If you are going to go white on a 1991, Red Interior is an interesting historical curiosity. 

Looks like a nice car.

01717_dYw8mqTtALd_600x450.jpg

That makes me wonder - I have never seen a white Reatta with Beechwood interior.  Not a bad combination in my opinion.  Did they make any?

Edited by Ronnie
Removed opinion on selling price. (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Kevin M said:

I saw a white/tan car for sale in Florida last year. In my opinion not the best looking combo out there. But the car was a bit tired from that Florida sun. 

I have to admit that I am growing more fond of this color combination.  In photos I have trouble telling Flame Red from Burgandy and other reds, but this looks Flame Red and let's face it, that really pops.  I just bought a new Toyota Tacoma to be my truck to replace an F150.  My F150 was ordered by me so it was Caribou Brown exterior and tan interior which I prefer.  I had NO CHOICE with the Tacoma - greys and blacks only. 

So I really like seeing all of these Reattas with interesting interiors.

From the database.....this car had 27,000 in 1993 so half of the miles were put on in the first two years.   It has no options and was registered in Travers City MI   Also 901136 was about 3/4 of the way thru production

Red was the most popular interior with white exterior for all years of production.

As an example of the number of different interior colors in the 352 white coupes in 1991

Red = 194 (55%)

Blue = 55 (16%)

Tan = 56 (16%)

Grey = 47 (13%)

25 minutes ago, Barney Eaton said:

like the ugly duck that turned into a swan....................just wait.

Off topic I know, but my first brand new car was a 1975 AMC Pacer X. It appears on the automotive ugly lists, the butt of many jokes and generally shunned. Now a rusty, clapped out one that is restorable has asking prices equal or greater than this fine example here. Doesn't make sense but perhaps Barney has a point. Sure wish I had that car now🙄

This '91 Reatta is no longer listed on Facebook, but is still for sale.  It's owned by Sovereign Auto of Flushing, Michigan.  I live about 30 minutes away and took a look at it.  It's in a large storage building with probably 25 other cars parked bumper to bumper and fender to fender. When I called John, the salesman, I told him I wanted to just look at it, not to drive it, so I was OK with me that they didn't get it out as it was snowing. The building lighting was poor, but the car looked really nice.  I did start it up, no obvious issues.   However, I did try to check for computer flags, pushed and held the HVAC 'off' and 'temp up' buttons simultaneously, but got no response, it did not go into diagnostic mode.  I tried it  a couple times, always with the key on, both with the engine off and running but no response.  A bit troubling.  Sovereign owns the car, they are not brokering it. John said that they were 'firm' on the price ($8000) and that the company owner was not in any rush to sell it.

Tom

https://www.sovereignauto.com/vehicle-details/1991-buick-reatta-coupe-61e95abfde184d45acb12006efb2bd0b

Thank you for adding this Tom because a forum member reached out me about contact information, and the ad has dropped off Craigs List (I am not active on Facebook marketplace).   I will alert the forum member who was interested. 

For me, $8000 is a bit high based only on the generous market that Reatta coupes represent.  But in the grand scheme of things, $8000 for a 46,000 mile, collectible class modern car like this Reatta is fair.   If they are in no hurry to sell that is good, it will sit for a long time in my opinion.

I would not say it was a bad purchase by anyone at $8000 though. 

I agree, I would be interested at maybe $5000 tops, but unfortunately, I don't think Reatta's have bottomed out yet,  I don't need another one, so for me, it would have to be a good deal, like you said though in the scheme of things, $8000 for a unique car may not be so bad, assuming it's reliable and runs as good as it looks.  We're in the Buick Driving Enthusiast Club and the Reatta is the perfect car for those excursions. (I'm not trying to talk myself into this car, honest). Gotta love the red interior.

Anyone have thoughts on why I couldn't get the display of the computer fault monitor to display?

• 2 months later...