What year is this Ford Truck

victorialynn2

Usually, the original stylists did a good job,

and customizing doesn't improve things.

In this case, I think the custom job is excellent!

The customizers clearly had the benefit of

looking back from the current age, so their thoughts

went beyond the 1950's.  The front end has sort of

a 1960's theme of horizontality.  This should have

been the factory design.  I like it!

• Like 1

53-56 Ford trucks are all basically the same. The few 56 only features are the grille with concave rims on the headlights ( these can be easily installed on any 53-55) and the wrap around windshield (which makes the vent window rectangular). Other changes are internal, 12 volt electric and a new dashboard.

Edited by Dave Mellor NJ (see edit history)
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Not a Ford guy but that's a gorgeous truck! I would be curious to know more about the story from the owner or is it an artist rendition ? 

Bit of a Sweptline inspiration on the lights would be my guess.

I tried to find some info on it online but wasn’t successful. 

I'm somewhat surprised that you did not know what year it was. BUT, I would have a very difficult time naming year and make of the early years, pre-1934 or so. I know the 50's & 60's pretty well since I grew up in that era and concentrated my interest in that era since about 1990. Maybe you have similar "lapses" in identifying some years & makes? I would guess most members do. 

Edited by George Smolinski
Too early in the AM to be replying to posts. Need more coffee. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I like it too.  Still a 56 Ford pickup to me, but better looking than most.  To bad he can't haul dirt, bricks, engines and transmissions in it any more.  Same problem with lots of restored trucks, they lose their function when they get that pretty..

• Like 3

4 hours ago, George Smolinski said:

I'm somewhat surprised that you did not know what year it was. BUT, I would have a very difficult time naming year and make of the early years, pre-1934 or so. I know the 50's & 60's pretty well since I grew up in that era and concentrated my interest in that era since about 1990. Maybe you have similar "lapses" in identifying some years & makes? I would guess most members do. 

I knew generally but not the specific year. Mainly because my dad didn't current have any trucks of this era. My brain was full from learning the details of the cars he did have so I could sell them. Haha

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

George S. the problem you have with pre 1934 cars so far as identification etc I have with post war stuff especially in the 1970s on up. I grew up in the 50's and 60's as well but was into collecting cars then at an early age , and the friends I had who were my mentors all owned 1920s - early 40's cars so that's what I identify with, focus on, and can identify.

When in high school all the guys my age thought I was a bit odd ( I am being kind in my description) as I wasn't into what today is described as big block V8 etc. I wanted to keep stuff as stock original  as possible with some exceptions ( like when I helped a friend put a Columbia 2 speed rear end out of an Auburn in his 1932 Franklin Airman sedan on our backs on the ground in his driveway ) . 40 years later at a class reunion I attended a few of them came up to me and told me that they knew I was always into "old" cars, and still was because they were reading what I write in car magazines. They also said that it took them decades to understand and eventually appreciate why I liked cars  "stock" and that they were now trying to do what I did decades ago because it finally dawned on them why...................I was in shock that they told me that, but appreciated it . They just smiled and shook their heads - same way they did 40 years prior.

Edited by Walt G
typo error (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My problem is that dad had stuff from every decade since the 20’s. He collected Corvettes when I was growing up and I know them the best.

There was a long time as an adult where I wasn’t around classics until I went to Texas 5 years ago, and his collection had changed to very different cars then I’d seen in my childhood.  Specifically less expensive cars as he’d also had older Cadillac’s, Buick’s, etc. when I was young.