What's the strangest thing you've ever seen someone do while driving?

2 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

That actually continued up to the 2000s. 

And not only Louisiana !!

I remember one tour, we were driving along an old country road in a line of about 60 cars.  We'd had a beer....ummmm...refreshment stop just a few miles back, and there was a fellow on the side of the road gathering cans to turn in for the aluminum.....as the cars on the tour passed him, two or three cans were thrown out each car next to the guy!  I bet the thought he'd died and gone to beer can heaven.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, trimacar said:

I remember one tour, we were driving along an old country road in a line of about 60 cars.  We'd had a beer....ummmm...refreshment stop just a few miles back, and there was a fellow on the side of the road gathering cans to turn in for the aluminum.....as the cars on the tour passed him, two or three cans were thrown out each car next to the guy!  I bet the thought he'd died and gone to beer can heaven.....

Louisianians don't typically litter our historic roadways, do they?

Maybe trimacar's recollection is of a Texas Tour? 😎

We were on Rt 53 in the burbs of Chicago. Traffic was stop and go as usual in Chicago. We were in our Ford F-350 with another couple when we stopped next to a beautiful Porsche we had been admiring as we inched along. Imagine our surprise when we looked down on it and realized there were two people in the Porsche!  We have always kidded about the PORSCHE GIRL when ever we see that other couple. I'll let you use your imagination as to what was going on. 

Have fun

1 hour ago, SC38DLS said:

We were on Rt 53 in the burbs of Chicago. Traffic was stop and go as usual in Chicago. We were in our Ford F-350 with another couple when we stopped next to a beautiful Porsche we had been admiring as we inched along. Imagine our surprise when we looked down on it and realized there were two people in the Porsche!  We have always kidded about the PORSCHE GIRL when ever we see that other couple. I'll let you use your imagination as to what was going on. 

Have fun

I knew I should have kept the Boxster I had.  :(;) 

XK Jags had a flat seating area but needed to heat and straighten the shift lever to get it out of the way. Never did understand why it had that bend.

a) that's lowest responsive bidder.

b) and then there was the Helena Rubenstein R390/A

c) nothing wrong with the bike on the 'vette, probably helps it to be seen by SUVs. My question is "where is the font wheel/tire ?"

Woman driving along a fairly busy road on 3 wheels and a front brake drum.  Not sure how well the car steered but she definately appeared to be unconcerned.  This was some time ago, mid 1980s, cannot recall type of car other than it was a smaller econobox as they used to say.

6 hours ago, padgett said:

Was there an econobox after the 69 Corvair that had front drums ?  Would make some sense if rear engined

It was a long time ago, but I know it was not a corvair.  Small, maybe red and maybe Japanese, but not sure.  30 to 35 years, best I can do Padget.. 🤔🙂

A friend of mine who is a California Highway Patrol Officer told me that he pulled along side a car at highway speed and the female driver was putting on pantyhose.  He said he was going to hit the siren, but thought better of it as who knows how many lanes of traffic she would have taken out (besides it gave him a story to tell and laugh about)

• Like 1
On 11/20/2019 at 11:36 AM, Marty Roth said:

That actually continued up to the 2000s. 

And not only Louisiana !!

I recall a 2001 Tour, hosted by the Deep South Region in Mobile, Alabama.

The "Drink Wagon",  driven along the tour, and available at each stop, provided beer, along with coffee, soft drinks, and all manner of snacks.

An out-of-town attendee vigorously, and loudly vocally objected to the refreshment wagon, He threatened to "Raise Hell" with headquarters, and that beer shouldn't even be available in the Hospitality Room of the headquarters hotel.

Then National President Doug Drake was a tour attendee, and had conducted activities under a stake-bodied Model T ford truck for youth who were on the tour, including our grandson and several other very interested kids. Thank you, Doug..

Off-topic but kinda related and a good story...I used to work in an office of a state agency that will remain nameless.  Alcohol was strictly forbidden there.  Nevertheless, the manager always threw a Christmas party with adult beverages.  One time, the agency director for the entire state walked in unannounced.  The manager was cool, just said, "Hi, Ben...here ya go!" and handed him a beer.  The parties continued to be held every year and we never heard a word about them.  :D

Had a secretary who drove to work putting on makeup in the rear-view mirror with one hand, eating breakfast with the other, and steering with her knees.  She had a manual transmission - dunno how she managed shifting.  :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1