34’ Chevy pickup

Did you try Lee Spring? If I remember correctly, they have a minimum order but they seem to have about everything. I bought the valve springs for the Mitchell from them. I haven't talked to them but suspect they might be more helpful...after all, all they do is sell springs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skvitt said:

What a great job!!! 

PS. I noticed you have another hobby hanging off the ceiling😊😊

20210720_081702.jpg

Those are some of my brothers and some of my quick building ARFs. I have a trailer full of 55-60” size scale warbirds that I built from kits or plans. They are full featured with scale fiberglass and painted finishes along with retracts, flaps, etc. I have over twenty old kits to build yet and not enough years as I also do G scale trains and will be starting on my outside layout once the last car I’m working on is done. Here’s a 9 channel SB-6 dauntless that was the most recent built. Flies with a Saito .80 four stroke. I’m not into electric much, liking the sound and smell of IC engines too much!😄 Also is my Japanese shin den Kai fighter, another highly modified kit built with flaps , retracts, and true to the original, mechanically closing main gear doors, Saito .65 powered. The kingfisher is a brian Taylor designed scratch build with a float designed by charlie smith and scaled down to fit the BT airframe. Saito.80 with on board glow. It’s been flying now for 11 years. All are fiberglass with epoxy paint. No decals, all markings are make from custom cut stencils I make. Each takes an average of 9 months to build in my spare time.

588BF8B8-1F7C-4506-9A80-4F8057466611.jpeg

EADA8C2E-A026-4424-BB21-4EEEC829380E.jpeg

0BA0FF92-D40F-4DF1-A541-1F09F60192BA.jpeg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JV Puleo said:

Did you try Lee Spring? If I remember correctly, they have a minimum order but they seem to have about everything. I bought the valve springs for the Mitchell from them. I haven't talked to them but suspect they might be more helpful...after all, all they do is sell springs.

Joe, do you have the contact information?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chistech said:

Those are some of my brothers and some of my quick building ARFs. I have a trailer full of 55-60” size scale warbirds that I built from kits or plans. They are full featured with scale fiberglass and painted finishes along with retracts, flaps, etc. I have over twenty old kits to build yet and not enough years as I also do G scale trains and will be starting on my outside layout once the last car I’m working on is done. Here’s a 9 channel SB-6 dauntless that was the most recent built. Flies with a Saito .80 four stroke. I’m not into electric much, liking the sound and smell of IC engines too much!😄 Also is my Japanese shin den Kai fighter, another highly modified kit built with flaps , retracts, and true to the original, mechanically closing main gear doors, Saito .65 powered. The kingfisher is a brian Taylor designed scratch build with a float designed by charlie smith and scaled down to fit the BT airframe. Saito.80 with on board glow. It’s been flying now for 11 years. All are fiberglass with epoxy paint. No decals, all markings are make from custom cut stencils I make. Each takes an average of 9 months to build in my spare time.

588BF8B8-1F7C-4506-9A80-4F8057466611.jpeg

EADA8C2E-A026-4424-BB21-4EEEC829380E.jpeg

0BA0FF92-D40F-4DF1-A541-1F09F60192BA.jpeg

I feel you pain😊. I too have a quite a few kits to build, and no time. I also fly glow, don't have much for electric. Lately bought another car project - 49 Buick Super, and still employed full time. It will keep me alive😊

Beautiful models too!!! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Realize I never came back to post about my clutch slipping issue. I tried for two months to get springs with no luck. I ended up asking a pressure plate expert if I could shim the springs in their cups. The tech said every .060 would add 10lbs force so speaking with my local machine shop guy, we added.090 total to each of the nine springs. I got a brand new clutch disk from the filling station, (the same place who refused to sell me springs), and reassembled the truck. The clutch is now perfect!  I drove the truck around town quite a bit to shake it down and all went well. With the 3.55 gears and hydraulic brakes I decided to see if it would drive highway speeds. On a rural highway in town, I had a good long look up a long straight and pushed the throttle down. We got up to 68mph without much trouble and that was plenty fast enough for me. The truck went back to the painter and got all buffed up. If all goes well with the transport, this little gem will leave tomorrow evening and be in Colorado in three days!

4556B9D4-10A1-4615-8C85-91804DD0AC44.jpeg

E74D89A5-3965-40F0-A7D5-A5053DB097A9.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Got a phone call from the trucks owner last night. He received the truck out in Colorado earlier in the day and when it got there, his wife said they just had to go for a ride. She even ended up driving it herself. They drove it all around, absolutely love the truck, and are very happy the way it turned out. The truck never had much of an interior, leaked air badly around the windshield framing, and the doors were hanging/rattling off the cab. He said the only issue is its sputtering under high speed/throttle which has to be from his 8000’ altitude I assume as it ran perfectly here at sea level. He’s going to have a local mechanic familiar with old cars look at it. So the restoration was a success with a happy owner.

• Like 12