For Sale: Front drums, backing plates/spindles. SOLD

Fitzo1969

SOLD          For Sale: Front aluminum finned drums/backing plates with brakes in place and spindle's attached. All parts off a 63 Riv with 66,000 miles. Control arms sold.

Any interest in any of these pieces? Make a reasonable offer? Plus shipping. SOLD

Thanks

Scott

Edited by Fitzo1969
control arms sold/ brake drums/brakes sold (see edit history)

Please accept my most sincere apologies...... Yes these are 45 fin drums. I apologize for mistakenly punching in 43 rather than the correct 45.

The best numbers I can get on the drum dimensions today are: one measures 12 & 1/32, the other is at 12 & 2/32..... (or some may say 1/6th.)

It seems to be very difficult to get brake drums mic'd these days when 2 out of 3 parts store guys asked "what are those?" when looking at the drums.

Located in Superior WI. 

• Like 1

12" + 1/32nd. is 12.0625" which is still OK as the MAX oversize is 12" + .090" on the outside. 12 + 2/32nd. which would be +1/8th. Oversize which equals 12" plus .125" over is Beyond the .12"060" - 12.090" oversize which means that drum is N/G. You need a drum mic to make sure as it's just about impossible to measure with a ruler.

Sorry Fitzo1969.  By the measurements given I assumed you used some kind of ruler as that measurement I've NEVER heard of. Usually it's in the thousandths oversize.

Just go to an older shop that does brake work & they should have the PROPER measuring device.

Sorry again.

Tom T.

• Like 1