Power Wagons - Barn Find Hunter

Alan Cutler

We sell A LOT of Power Wagons. I'm a big fan. I kind of accidentally became the go-to guy for Power Wagons and we've had more than 30 of them over the past 5 years. This one is sitting in my showroom right now:

PW2.thumb.jpg.5e99a60996cca0c64d1e1449bbf4b0ea.jpg

I'm usually a purist, but the stock Power Wagons are not much more than tractors that look like trucks. They're really crude and hard to drive on the road. Off-road, there's nothing better, but if I want one to use regularly, I have to admit that one of these resto-mods is a far better choice. It still feels like an ancient truck, but it will keep up with traffic and do all the things you want a truck to do. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 8:55 AM, Matt Harwood said:

PW2.thumb.jpg.5e99a60996cca0c64d1e1449bbf4b0ea.jpg

I'm usually a purist, but the stock Power Wagons are not much more than tractors that look like trucks. They're really crude and hard to drive on the road. Off-road, there's nothing better, but if I want one to use regularly, I have to admit that one of these resto-mods is a far better choice. It still feels like an ancient truck, but it will keep up with traffic and do all the things you want a truck to do. 

As a fellow purist, I completely agree !

If only I had the space and cash for one I'd own several versions of them just because they are that awesome. 

Matt, did you ever follow up on that lot of PW's that I sent you a couple of years back ? I know they were rough but I was always curious if you or anyone else you know was able to strike a deal... 

You may not even recall. No big deal if you can't. 

Thanks for posting and for promoting these fine beasts. 

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

As a fellow purist, I completely agree !

If only I had the space and cash for one I'd own several versions of them just because they are that awesome. 

Matt, did you ever follow up on that lot of PW's that I sent you a couple of years back ? I know they were rough but I was always curious if you or anyone else you know was able to strike a deal... 

You may not even recall. No big deal if you can't. 

Thanks for posting and for promoting these fine beasts. 

I forwarded the information to Matt Tisdale, who maintains the world's largest cache of Power Wagons for parts and body upgrades. He's the guy who builds the 4-door cabs like the one above for the two major builders (Precision and Legacy). It takes two cabs and six doors to make one 4-door, so he burns through them pretty quickly. I'm guessing that if those trucks were available, he's probably already gone to grab them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 30DodgePanel said:

+1,000,000,000%

1 hour ago, Matt Harwood said:

I forwarded the information to Matt Tisdale, who maintains the world's largest cache of Power Wagons for parts and body upgrades. He's the guy who builds the 4-door cabs like the one above for the two major builders (Precision and Legacy).

Winslow @ Legacy  is a good guy, he and I go back a few years, before he became a Hollywood Star...he had a Terraplane Truck that was awesome!

• Like 1